You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Table Formats and geometry

It appears that Table Formats do not affect the geometry of the tables, that is, do not set the width of columns and height of rows. I would find it a great help if this were the case. Background: I typeset hundreds of tables each year in InDesign with the aid of WoodWing's plug-in, Smart Styles, which, once it is given an example, will set the geometry of tables using an enhanced version of ID's Library. It enables me to do in hours what would otherwise take days.

Not sure exactly what you are doing with your tables but tables can be saved as assets and will preserve any column widths and row heights set.

Table formats can be added to the tables before saving as assets or can be added afterwards without affecting the column widths and row heights.

Nowhere near as powerful as WoodWing's plug-in, Smart Styles but it may help in some cases

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.