Arema Arega

Affinity Crashes when trying to export to PDF ¿?

Posted (edited)

Hi, I've just tried to saved to Pdf a project and as soon I selected the PDF sign the Program crashed...Is there any solution for this ?

It's being 4 times now :(

Thank you so Much

Edited by Arema Arega

Thank you  :)

Here is the info:

Afinity Designer 1.6.5

Operative System - MacOs Mojave

I can not take an screen shot of the actual problem because what happens is that when I go to press the PDF icon that you could see in the screenshot (in stead of saving to tiff that is the case in this picture) to save the image to PDF the program crashes just by touching the PDF icon.

thank you

please let me know

Arema

Screenshot 2019-05-01 at 17.29.16.png

Yes Trying now with little projects it's Ok I will send you the big one for you to check where is the problem, because mostly I will be working with big files and will be great to solve this problem. I need HD PDF !!!!!

Thank You

Arema

Thank you. It does not crash for me (on Windows). I will get this looked at in more detail tomorrow.

Please can you screenshot the PDF export dialog  (after pressing "More..." for the simple document (the one that does not crash), as this crashing document will use the last used settings. Please attach that screenshot here.

Suggestion: After you have made a screen shot for me, you could try using one of the other presets on the simple document and then go back to the crashing document  and see if it crashes using a different preset..

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Hi this is the one. Please Let me know if  :) there is a solution.... Thank you so much

"you could try using one of the other presets on the simple document and then go back to the crashing document"  

Ps: I think it could be pulling down the quality of the project and trying until it doesn't crashes

Thank you so much

Ps: That file is the Cover Art of my Album...I am trying to get it done...  Thank you so much for your help :)

Screenshot 2019-05-01 at 19.27.01.png

Thank You so much!!! Is not the one because they want HD quality for printing but I am very happy for your help.... This is the album: 

I will try again using a bit less quality but trying to keep the HD that they Pressing factory are asking... this is a learning process... Thank you so Much!!!!

Hi @Arema Arega,

Mine does not crash either. I'm not entirely sure why yours crashes. 

Can you please send us a screen recording of a crash in action? https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208721

Is there any reason why you want such a large PDF? ( 65.3cm x 33.2 cm) If you want an album cover, you should be using the real size of the album. Creating a PDF that is 2 times as big will not make it look any better than the 1:1 size. :)

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Thank you yes I am trying to make it bigger than the first I've sent. The crash its it's just by touching the Icon the program goes off. I will try it today again after installing the upgrades (actualizaciones) of Mojave..thank youuu

You will only slow down your work if you only plan to print it for a normal album cover size. There is no advantage/need to upscale it in this scenario.