You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Snap geometric center

I believe this is one of the new snapping options in version 1.7 of the desktop app, so I expect it to be included when the iPad app is updated to version 1.7.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hi Angelos58 :)

Could you please provide an example (a screen recording would be perfect) of the snapping you're trying to achieve? I can check this in the 1.7 beta for you!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

Hi Angelos58 :)

Could you please provide an example (a screen recording would be perfect) of the snapping you're trying to achieve? I can check this in the 1.7 beta for you!

Thank you Dan C is very kind of you

CB9D2C7B-033A-4D82-9340-DBE70BC15FF6.jpeg

• Staff

No problem, unfortunately this isn't possible in the beta of Affinity Designer either, so I'll move this thread to Feature Requests now for our devs to see and consider!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks @Aammppaa, I completely overlooked the Point Transform tool! :$

I'm certain we'll be bringing the desktop 1.7 changes to iPad, so I hope to see this included in the next update @Angelos58 :) 

Please note -

Many thanks!

On 5/1/2019 at 5:49 PM, Aammppaa said:

@Dan C It is possible in 1.7 Beta, by using the Point Transform tool.

1376724970_AffinitySnapGeometryCentre.gif.78b32381eefc46a89eb67c26387174b3.gif

Thank you for answer. Hope will be available for iPad version as soon as possible.

could you tell me how does it work in general?

Point transform allows for any combination of move (translate), rotate and scale, around one point, to a destination point.

Both source point and destination point can use any of Affinity's snapping options (grid, guides, geometry etc).

It is very versatile.

In my GIF…
The source point is the center of the yellow circle (but it could also be any of the 4 nodes that define the circle, or any other point).
You can see Affinity suggesting various snapping locations as I drag, including the intersection of the diagonal line and the blue circle.
Which snapping locations are considered is defined by the standard snapping options in the Snapping Panel.

The best way is just to play with it for a while so see what can be achieved - but iPad users can't do that quite yet :(

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro