You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What's up guys, 

So I had this certificate made for me but unfortunately, I can't seem to be able to edit the writing on it as a textbox, I can only change each letter and even like that I can't simply change the writing on it (if that even makes sense hahah). Any suggestions? The guy that made this certificate told me that if I get photoshop I would be able to edit it like a textbox? 

Thank you! 

Brasa certificate 2.eps

It appears all the text was converted to vector objects. Its been years since I used either photoshop or illustrator, but once text was converted to curves back then, it was no longer able to be changed as text. It was just a vector shape that could be used by a postscript capable printer. It was something that was done because not everyone had access to specific fonts. 

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

8 minutes ago, gdenby said:

It appears all the text was converted to vector objects. Its been years since I used either photoshop or illustrator, but once text was converted to curves back then, it was no longer able to be changed as text. It was just a vector shape that could be used by a postscript capable printer. It was something that was done because not everyone had access to specific fonts. 

Hahaha I am sorry but I did not understand that... Does it mean I can't change it?

Well when you open that EPS file with some capable text editor you can look inside and see some of the included text portions there. See the red rectangular marked regions here ...

Brasa_EPS_text.thumb.png.e9c020421cf88056de16c5ee7743f5b9.png

... so you can partly change those text string portions this way and see what happens then, but it's hard to alter positions and effects etc. this way in a PS or AI generated file.

Brasa_test.thumb.png.7acb34bcc853f90fc8a4a99b577fa304.png

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

BTW, it's an from "Adobe Illustrator CC (17.0) (Windows)" generated EPS file. The used font is "Earth Normal" (Earth-Normal.ttf ) see here. - Since I believe you have the company logos and the corporate identity stuff already, you can easily recreate that certificate in Affinity Designer as an A4 page with that "Earth Normal" font.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

BTW, it's an from "Adobe Illustrator CC (17.0) (Windows)" generated EPS file. The used font is "Earth Normal" (Earth-Normal.ttf ) see here. - Since I believe you have the company logos and the corporate identity stuff already, you can easily recreate that certificate in Affinity Designer as an A4 page with that "Earth Normal" font.

Would recreating it as an A4 page allow me to change the writing like a text box?

Did not know the text could be edited, tho' in the few things I tried, adding letters could cause theletters to over-run one already there. So, yes, dealing w. spacing would not be easy.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

EPS usually can be edited, similar to Postscript or the more modern SVG. In the past on certain computers (NeXT for example) it was common usage to also hack directly in EPS and display postscript. Nowadays EPS is or has been mostly replaced by PDF and there are only few real interpreter tools (like Ghostscript for example) left for coding purposes and the like.

However it's easier to entirely recreate or exchange portions of that Illustrator generated EPS certificate with Affinity Designer, than to fight with it's Ai EPS contents. It also makes more sense for the OP if he just has and use Designer for such things.

12 hours ago, LuccasGreco said:

I just wish he would've done this so I would be able to edit the text 

Well it's probably not that persons fault, since that's the way Adobe Illustrator has generated and exported the contents as EPS format. Also when using the same tool it has been created with, namely Illustrator here in this case, it might be also reimported in an text editable manner then into that (at least that's what I would somehow assume here).

Now your possibly best option is, to either recreate the whole in Affinity Designer and keep an Affinity document of that, or to alter the imported certificated content (delete unwanted text portions and recreate them with the used font type there) in AD and to also save as an Designer file for later reusage or modifications.