Jump to content
World View

Can you switch off the blue marker lines rectangles?

Recommended Posts

I appreciate seeing the lines of the rectangles and text boxes when designing the shape language of the page.

But once I have content on it, I'd like to turn everything off that isn't part of the page - namely the blue marker lines of the text boxes - just as you can turn on and off a grid via CMD + '

 

How can you turn off those blue markers of boxes?

 

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, World View said:

How can you turn off those blue markers of boxes?

View > Show Text Flow controls that. Or switching into Preview mode (View > Preview Mode).

However, if you turn off Show Text Flow, then you also lose any indication of Text Frames that have overflowing text and will only know when you try to Export or Print and you get the warning popup. Then you'll need to turn on Show Text Flow and look at every frame to see which ones have a problem.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.651 Beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hawk said:

You can also hold space or switch to the view tool [H] if you just want to temporarily get a clear view. 

Genious, thank you! – No more ctrl-w.png.eecd7493c5a14367bc9225c309126fce.png needed.


macOS 10.14.6, Macbook Pro Retina 15" + Eizo 24"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

View > Show Text Flow controls that. Or switching into Preview mode (View > Preview Mode).

However, if you turn off Show Text Flow, then you also lose any indication of Text Frames that have overflowing text and will only know when you try to Export or Print and you get the warning popup. Then you'll need to turn on Show Text Flow and look at every frame to see which ones have a problem.

 

6 hours ago, hawk said:

You can also hold space or switch to the view tool [H] if you just want to temporarily get a clear view.

Thank you, Walt, and thank you, Hawk  - both methods are great! 

And already integrated into my personal Affinity Publisher manual as a new piece of treasure! 

I feel I'm starting to get a hang of the software...  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.