You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Frame Pinning Wrap Style Bug

I love the fact that Pinning is now part of Publisher but there is a possible bug with Wrapping.

I'm new to Publisher so sorry if I'm just doing it wrong.

I added two small 3 column text blocks over two full-page text blocks.

The full-page blocks are full of text. The 3 column blocks have their Wrap Style set to Jump and they are linked.

Wrap seems to work with pinning set to Float but is ignored when pinning is set to Inline.

Is it me or is it a bug?

Mac 10.14.4 MacBook Pro

32 minutes ago, GeoffW said:

Wrap seems to work with pinning set to Float but is ignored when pinning is set to Inline.

Intentional. Items pinned inline are treated just as if they are a character in that line. Characters in a line don't have wrap settings, and neither do other objects that are considered "characters" due to being pinned inline.

As Dave Harris said here,

Because inline images behave like characters, you don't get much control over how they are positioned. You can't move them from side to side with the mouse, because they have to stay between the characters to their left and right. You can change their size, and move them up or down. When the images are larger than the paragraph leading, doing that has a similar effect to changing the height of a very tall character. The leading increases or decreases to accommodate it. 

Also, this response from Dave:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.