netsrac

Using gestures together with the Apple Pencil in Affinity Designer...what am I doing wrong?

Hi guys,

just a question if it's just me or if I'm doing something wrong: When I want to scale an object proportional on the iPad I put down one finger and then use the other finger to scale the object. That works fine.

However, if I hold down one finger and then try to scale the object with the Apple Pencil, this gives me chunky results. Sometimes it scales, but not proportional, sometimes it moves instead of scaling the object.

So am I doing something wrong? Are there any settings I need to adjust? Unfortunately there are not much tutorials on how to use Affinity Designer with the Apple Pencil.

Thanks, Carsten

3 hours ago, netsrac said:

Hi guys,

just a question if it's just me or if I'm doing something wrong: When I want to scale an object proportional on the iPad I put down one finger and then use the other finger to scale the object. That works fine.

However, if I hold down one finger and then try to scale the object with the Apple Pencil, this gives me chunky results. Sometimes it scales, but not proportional, sometimes it moves instead of scaling the object.

So am I doing something wrong? Are there any settings I need to adjust? Unfortunately there are not much tutorials on how to use Affinity Designer with the Apple Pencil.

Thanks, Carsten

Your sequence looks wrong, first start scaling with pencil or finger then place a finger down to constrain.

Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on MACOS Catalina Beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on iPad Pro 9.7" iPadOS 13 beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 on Windows 10

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

Well, I did this, but it still doesn’t behave as it should - using finders for scale and tab works fine. Guess I just get used to it....but it still feels pretty strange...