You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Crashes on paste URGENT!

• Staff

Hi astarbuck,

is it text you are trying to paste? There is a known crash where the application will crash if you attempt to paste text with no text box selected. This is currently with development to be fixed. In the meantime you will have to select a text frame or create one first before pasting text.

Really odd...I've been trying to reproduce the crash and it's working fine today. Really happy about that, because I am LOVING Publisher. Been an Adobe user for eons and thrilled about ALL the Affinity apps.

I'm not sure how I created this same problem, probably pasting without having a box selected. Wasted an evening's work, but never mind it is a beta after all. However, without doing some real work with it I'm not going to test it in the way I will use it. I had been saving my file regularly during the evening. When I restarted publisher after the crash it informed me that I had a recovery file, would I like to load this. I said yes and it promptly reloaded the empty file that I had started with at the start of the evening!  I exited without saving anything and tried loading my file that I had been working on. The timestamp said that it had last been edited at around the same time as the crash, but it was the empty file that I had started with. That was more frustrating than the initial crash. This may be another bug.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.