You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting images from Spreads distorts image width

Hi

When I export a single page as an image from a spread (so one half of the spread) with bleed, the resulting image is slightly narrower. If I export the entire spread as an image, the image dimensions will be correct. So based on the example below, the export settings in Publisher look correct. 1984 px x 2716 px is the correct size for the image but when I open the image in Photo, it shows that it's actually only 1915 px wide. Somehow about 6 mm of the image were gone with the export. I found this out when I imported the image back to Publisher and saw that it didn't exactly match the original layout.

I tried this with different Publisher projects so it's not just an issue with a single file I was working on. I tried it with TIFF files too and got the same results. My document is set up with facing pages and I can't really switch back to single page view to export the pages from there because I designed my layout while in the spread view and when I switch it to page view it becomes messed up.

• This also affects exporting single pages that aren't part of a spread (the very first page and the very last page in my document)
  • Bleed seems to be the issue since when I export a single page of a spread WITHOUT the bleed then the size is correct (I need to export it with bleed though)

Publisher version 1.7.0.305

export-settings.PNG

affinity-photo.PNG

• 5 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe this has been addressed in the latest (#371) beta build. Please retest this behaviour.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.