You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Question about spreads and print layout

Hi,

I am looking for a way to make A4 multi-page brochures and booklets. Printing is on spreads, basically A3 sheets, but the order of the pages has to be like in the image, so when they stack and bind it, they are sequential and correct on paper. I would like to know if there is a function to work with the regular page order in Publisher, but export the final print with the printing sequence automatically. If not, what is the next best workflow for keeping the document normal for work/previews, but exporting it with a specific sequence for print?

Page sequence.png

I don't know how to do that if you want to Export as a PDF.

However, you can use File > Print and direct the output to a PDF printer. When printing, you can use the Layout tab in the Print dialog, and for Mode choose Booklet. I think that will do what you want if you've setup your document for A4 paper, and tell Publisher to print to A3 sheets.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

There is no need to export nor to layout in such page order. Directly in Publisher you can print 2-sided as brochure/booklet.

Here's a recent description of the workflow:

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1