Hi,

I'm having issues exporting a PDF from Designer. I  Have attached 2 images, when I export as a tiff, jpeg its fine but when it comes to a PDF it does something very odd and removes most of the blue background. Other documents appear to be ok.

Allan

post-9020-0-03440800-1430341662_thumb.jpg  post-9020-0-73385600-1430341728_thumb.png

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter:@mystrawmonkey  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

That is odd. Could you attach the Designer file, so we can try it here and see where it is going wrong? (Or else send it to support@seriflabs.com, referencing this thread, if you'd prefer.)

That is odd. Could you attach the Designer file, so we can try it here and see where it is going wrong? (Or else send it to support@seriflabs.com, referencing this thread, if you'd prefer.)

Thanks Dave,

I've sent an email. I went back in to the document removed the blue background and then created a rectangle and filled it with the same colour and exported again and it was fine this time, so that is bizarre.

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Thanks; we've recieved that. It produces some strange behaviour on screen, too, if you hide and show the Background/Colors group; it doesn't redraw properly. I've asked Andy S to look at it.

Thanks Dave,

BTW it initially was a Ps file, so maybe there was an issue there in opening it up in Designer?

Allan.

It's because the blue background is a raster fill node and there's obviously something wrong with the logic used to determine the bounds when these are in groups - we'll get it sorted asap :)  Thanks Allan!

Matt

we'll get it sorted asap :)  Thanks Allan!

Great. No worries.  ;)

I'm having a similar issue with PDF exporting.

I'm trying to export a PDF with a rasterized background images, and it exports the document without the background images, or messes the images up.

Here's the PDF vs. a JPEG which exported properly:

post-3267-0-16606600-1442582739_thumb.jpg

BlogHomeMockup.pdf

Hi rhumbrecht,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Any chance you can post the original afdesign file or send it to support@seriflabs.com along with a small description of the issue so we can check what's going wrong?

All files will be deleted after being inspected.

Just sent an email with the files. Thank you!

Thanks for the files, Rachel. I'm afraid we still have a bug, which will be fixed for PDF export in the next beta. The issue also shows up with printing, and that will take a bit longer to fix. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the files, Rachel. I'm afraid we still have a bug, which will be fixed for PDF export in the next beta. The issue also shows up with printing, and that will take a bit longer to fix. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Bummer! I understand though. Thanks for taking a look at my files. I can make due with exporting JPEGs and PNGs for now.

I've been able to incorporate Affinity into my daily workflow pretty well and I'm very impressed so far. You guys are doing an awesome job!  :D

I look forward to getting the new updates.