osang

Strange behavior for DOCX (Placed vs Paste) on Beta .305

The introduction of DOCX is a great addition but somehow I can't get my head around it. I'm using a paragraph style and the bottom alignment produced different results--blank spaces, unlike the other method; copy-paste to publisher.

4 hours ago, osang said:

Here's the file to check:

Thanks for the file. It would help to also have the .docx file you were using, I think.

Here's what I can see so far: The Placed version has the following characteristics if you look at the Text Styles panel:

image.png.a3bada6378236c882a1869792b264297.png

The pasted version has this simpler set of characteristics:

image.png.f5d5c983db0e5df6e398eec8ac71147f.png

One possible explanation for the difference you're seeing is that the Place is transferring more of the characteristics of the original document than Paste did. Having Prevent Widows and Prevent Orphans enabled would cause the effect you've noted.

But without seeing the original file I can't say if that's the cause, or if Place is transferring something incorrectly.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

16 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Thanks for the file. It would help to also have the .docx file you were using, I think.

Here's what I can see so far: The Placed version has the following characteristics if you look at the Text Styles panel:

image.png.a3bada6378236c882a1869792b264297.png

The pasted version has this simpler set of characteristics:

image.png.f5d5c983db0e5df6e398eec8ac71147f.png

One possible explanation for the difference you're seeing is that the Place is transferring more of the characteristics of the original document than Paste did. Having Prevent Widows and Prevent Orphans enabled would cause the effect you've noted.

But without seeing the original file I can't say if that's the cause, or if Place is transferring something incorrectly.

I added the file you're looking for.

1-Boeing_5248.docx