You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy – Paste – Crash (from email)

Copy – Paste – Crash (from email)

I’m a novice so hope this is helpful

Copying text from an email pasted into Publisher causes instant crash.

It does this in new document and when editing an existing document.

Does not occur copying text from Word only from an email. From both my browser email and my windows inbox.

Beta - v. 1.7.0.305

Win 10

XPS 15 9570

Hi, welcome to the Affinity forums.

I can't replicate this crash, using version 305.  I opened a new document, selected first a section of an email (I use Outlook as my email client) and pasted it into the Publisher document, no crash.

I repeated the test by selecting ALL the content of an email (Ctrl+A) and then pasting into a new document, no crash.

My computer specs are below.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Crashes for me also, just pasting a line of text from Notepad

Does not crash if pasting directly into a text box

But will crash when pasting anywhere else

Does not crash if pasting from Word

Windows 8.1

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

26 minutes ago, Jon P said:

Hi @oculist,

As carl has stated we currently have an issue logged where pasting in text with the move tool active cause a crash.

Do you get this crash when pasting into a text frame?

Thanks

Yes thank you - it does not happen if I make a text frame and past into that. 

I've only just started using Publisher in the last few days and as I'm a casual user I don't know may way around the tools yet. 

It's very good and I'm glad to have a viable professional alternative to Adobe products. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.