You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layers not Showing

This is a very strange bug. When I have different parent layers nested inside each other, and then expand and collapse certain ones, another parent layer disappears. This is triggered by just expanding and collapsing, and it triggers the layers to reappear as well.

Brenda Comic Page 1.afdesign

Here is a file in which this happens. Dang it! I wanted to hold off in showing this and share it later, but we gotta work out the issue, right? See from the video how this is caused.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Bri-Toon, FYI I am not having this happen on my system.  I have tried all sorts of mixtures of expanding and collapsing layers.  I hope I'm understanding the issue and it's layers in the layer panel that are showing empty sometimes.  But not for me.  I'm running Mac Sierra using the most current beta.  By the way the comic looks great and should be interesting.  Mike

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

3 hours ago, Gear maker said:

Bri-Toon, FYI I am not having this happen on my system.  I have tried all sorts of mixtures of expanding and collapsing layers.  I hope I'm understanding the issue and it's layers in the layer panel that are showing empty sometimes.  But not for me.  I'm running Mac Sierra using the most current beta.  By the way the comic looks great and should be interesting.  Mike

Thank you for your reply and compliment. That’s good to know that the issue doesn’t occur on Sierra. I did face this issue in the past as well before I upgraded to Mojavi, but I forget if it was on Sierra or High Sierra.

By the way, I noticed when expanding a layer and then scrolling, the issue does not occur. If the section that would normally be blank is visible on the window, the layer does not disappear.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.