You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Styles Current Formatting window

In the Text Styles dialogue box, the "Current Formatting" window at the top of the box appears to be smaller that any other text box I've seen in Publisher. Preview text is actually cropped off as shown in the screenshot below. Just curious, is this by design, or should this window be the same size as all other text boxes?

Text Styles Current Formatting window.png

rusty - Macintosh: macOS Big Sur 11.1. Memory 16 GB

I think that the box is too small (short) and should be fixed.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Rusty5,

The reason for this being quite small is that there is often a lot of text to fill in, so it is displayed smaller than other areas. However I've tried on both Retina and Non Retina screens and do not get the cut off you're getting. Have you adjusted your Mac display scaling settings or those inside the application?

4 hours ago, Sean P said:

The reason for this being quite small is that there is often a lot of text to fill in, so it is displayed smaller than other areas. However I've tried on both Retina and Non Retina screens and do not get the cut off you're getting. Have you adjusted your Mac display scaling settings or those inside the application?

The User Interface setting of Font UI Size set to Large makes the problem go from barely noticeable (the descenders are touching the bottom of the box and may be cut off) to really bad (the descenders are cut off). The Mac display settings have no effect, tried Larger Text all the way to More Space and it is the same. I can live with it. It is just one of those things that once you've seen it you cannot not notice it. And with your explanation of why it is the way it is means my brain can accept it for what it is.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 5/10/2019 at 7:27 AM, Sean P said:

Have you adjusted your Mac display scaling settings or those inside the application?

I typically set my display size to 1680x1050 (center image), but tried the default setting (first image) and well as all the other available display setting. I could see no difference in the Text Styles dialogue box. I have Publisher's Font UI size set to Default (third image). This is certainly not a big issue, it just challenges my sense of order : )

Display Settings.jpg

rusty - Macintosh: macOS Big Sur 11.1. Memory 16 GB

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.