Jim_A

[Fixed] docx import bug .305

There are some bugs with the new Publisher .docx import feature:

From a new blank document in macos Pages (version 7.1 (5683)) I used the default styles to make a simple document containing the Title, Subtitle and Body styles, then exported to .docx.

On import into a Publisher textframe, the paragraphs are have 'Start: On Next Page' applied in the Flow Options, even though this wasn't part of the style in the original Pages document. (So on import, only the first paragraph appears, with the text overflow icon showing red. By option-shift clicking on the overflow icon, a number of new pages are created for each of the paragraphs in the document.)

Also, the original font Helvetica Neue Bold has small caps and italics applied on import.

Original Pages file and .docx export file attached.

(Full specs of my system in sig.)

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 00.35.05.png

docx-export-test.pages

docx-export-test.docx

[ macos 10.12.6 Sierra; Memory: 16GB;  Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB; Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 ]

Thanks for your help with this bug. We have now resolved the problem and will make the fix available in the next release of Affinity Publisher on your platform.