You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.7.0.305] placing pictures and docx

17 hours ago, Petar Petrenko said:

I've attached in my first post of this thread. Just bellow the PNG file. As I mentioned, the pictures are at the end of the document. Thanks.

I can only see a docx file. If I import it and autoflow, none of the pictures are hidden. Presumably you are then manipulating them in some way to make them vanish, but I can't guess how. The only behaviour I see is what I already described. Moving the image up has the effect of giving the image a negative advance, pushing the baseline down and leaving the image where it is. Push the baseline down far enough and it will go into a different frame. If there is no frame large enough, it will go into overflow. Moving the image down gives it a positive advance. This reduces the vertical space it needs so may move the baseline up, eventually moving the image to the previous frame. Currently inline images can overlap following lines, so some of the text may get hidden behind the image. You can see what is happening by checking the Advance in the Pinning panel; setting the Advance to zero will reset the image.

If this does not explain what you are seeing, please attach a publisher file that includes a hidden image.

Here is the file. I've just placed the DOC file, saved it and do nothing else.

Try to make pictures smaller and to repossition them. Also, try to click several times the "Inline in Text" icon.

the book.afpub

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.