You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How should I use the "Include bleed" in Export Persona (Affinity Photo)

Hi,

How should I use the Include bleed in the Export Persona of Photo?

screenshot.png.2f77149eafdba176c42b9664edc0a102.png

I couldn't find any option to add bleeds. So, what is the actual purpose of this?

Also, is there any workaround in Photo to export a document as PDF with standard bleeds?

Any help would be appreciated.

Linktree | Freebies

Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Affinity Publisher | 1.10.6
Windows 10 Home (64 bit) Version 22H2
Intel i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30 GHz (4 CPUs) | NVIDIA GeForce 940M | Intel HD Graphics 520 | 16GB RAM

I think there is no way to add bleeds in Photo (which kind of makes sense as Photo is not meant to prepare print documents). But you can open documents created by Designer or Publisher and those have bleeds and they are honoured in Photo and can be reserved in export.

2 minutes ago, Fixx said:

I think there is no way to add bleeds in Photo (which kind of makes sense as Photo is not meant to prepare print documents). But you can open documents created by Designer or Publisher and those have bleeds and they are honoured in Photo and can be reserved in export.

I don't think it makes sense. Because users will also print raster based works.

For this basic function, users have to leave Photo and depend on another program which doesn't make sense to me!

I guess Serif can easily implement this on Photo as it is already available on Designer and Publisher. It will be useful for people who only need Photo for their works.

Linktree | Freebies

Intel i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30 GHz (4 CPUs) | NVIDIA GeForce 940M | Intel HD Graphics 520 | 16GB RAM

18 hours ago, Fixx said:

Photographic prints do not need bleeds. Bleeds are needed for graphic printed matter.

I didn't mean just photographic prints. Photo is also used to design posters, banners, book covers, business cards etc. Don't they need bleeds while printing?

Linktree | Freebies

2 hours ago, malayali said:

I didn't mean just photographic prints. Photo is also used to design posters, banners, book covers, business cards etc. Don't they need bleeds while printing?

Designer is better for those.