You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bounding box hardly follows text

• Staff

Hi @Nickkk,

I cannot tell why it jumped up. Next time when you do a video, make sure you turn on Show Touches within the app's General Preferences.

The text centres itself on the screen - it keeps the vertical value and just shifts the canvas horizontally -  after you type some characters. 

Thanks,

Gabe.

3 hours ago, GabrielM said:

The text centres itself on the screen - it keeps the vertical value and just shifts the canvas horizontally -  after you type some characters. 

From the video it doesn't really look centered for me. Is this really centered for you?

Should I provide another video with Show Touches on in order for you to investigate the other issues, or is this just a suggestion for the next video? 

Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-29 um 15.21.02.png

I didn't mean that the text should be centered on every typed character. It should just be centered at the beginning, like you said, but currently it's not, it's just made visible. Usually one wants to see the surroundings of the text while creating it in order to make sure that it is positioned correctly.

Do you agree that the bounding box hardly follows the text?

• Staff
36 minutes ago, Nickkk said:

Do you agree that the bounding box hardly follows the text?

No. The bounding box follows the text with the exception of 1 frame while it pans the canvas, returning to the correct location once the pan is over. :)

24 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

No. The bounding box follows the text with the exception of 1 frame while it pans the canvas, returning to the correct location once the pan is over. :)

"returning to the correct location". That means it wasn't correct before, so it should be corrected.