You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Are you updating the iPad compatibility list?

• Staff
20 minutes ago, HarryMcGovern said:

Given that there is a whole new generation of iPads out now - since 2017... including a newly engined iPad mini, I'm kind of hoping that you will be able to run up Affinity Photo on some of the new iPads.

Hi HarryMcGovern,

Welcome to the forums :)

Affinity is compatible with all new iPads we are working on updating the website asap!

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

@TokyoRory

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Yes, the iPad mini 5 is the first of the iPad mini series that we have been able to support.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thank you for your prompt response. That’s great news.

So the next question is, is it crazy to do photo editing on an iPad Mini 5 rather than PC? (Compact, lightweight and can work anywhere vs large touchscreen and full keyboard)

Has anybody tried this? Can anyone comment on how these experiences compare?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I currently use my iPad mini 4 for Lightroom, and editing with the Lite version of Photoshop, and a number of other photo/image editing apps to get the job done. I also do some video and use the iPad to create intros and the like. So in short I use it A LOT... for finer detailed photo work and movies I then revert to the desktop of course. 

But for out and about work, the iPad mini I use can’t be beat. It’s light weight. Fast. Small enough to fit comfortably into my man-bag! It’s been driving me nuts that Affinity Photo doesn’t run on it. But it seems that now it does on the 5. So it’s upgrade time. I was looking at the bigger iPads and they are nice, and I’d love one, but just don’t have that compactness I want. The mini slips into my trousers pocket when I need to, whereas the others don’t.

I’d never buy a laptop again!

Go to an Apple store and try them out...

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration

Thank you for you helpful response. Much appreciated.

Me too I just love their size. I had a 3, then a 4 (which was stolen), and am currently using my wife’s old 2.

Do you think the fact that the Mini 5 supports the Apple Pen will make editing easier?

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys! I am new to the forum and I have a question. I have purchased all the Affinity apps on my MBP and I am intending to buy an iPad 5th gen, 2018. Could you tell me if it is compatible with Affinity apps for the ipad?  I am asking because i Know the apple pencil is not compatible with ipad 5, so I would like to know if I can use it with a different pen e.g. wacom or other bluetooth compatible pens.

Thank You!

1 hour ago, alinlazar said:

Hi Guys! I am new to the forum and I have a question. I have purchased all the Affinity apps on my MBP and I am intending to buy an iPad 5th gen, 2018. Could you tell me if it is compatible with Affinity apps for the ipad?  I am asking because i Know the apple pencil is not compatible with ipad 5, so I would like to know if I can use it with a different pen e.g. wacom or other bluetooth compatible pens.

Hi,

I also have that same model ipad and the Affinity Apps work fine on it, i do have a Wacom sketch but there is no option to sync third party, bluetooth pressure sensitive styluses in Affinity.