You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When export All pages, left page is extended to the right page

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug. In the AF PUB I can see spread correctly. But when I export it using "All pages", I can see a little strip on the left side of the right page, which is the rest of the left page. On the attached example, you can see a very thin blue strip on the left. The problem occurs through the entire document.

Please, advise.

Thank you,

Roman

left page master page.png

right page with blue strip.png

spread in AF PUB.png

• Staff

Hi rovor,

Looking at the screenshot you have bleed setup on your document which uses spreads? Are you exporting with Bleed and Trim Marks? What format are you exporting to? Are you able to attach a copy of your afpub file along with some incorrect exports. I would also ensure that the blue covering is snapped to the inner margin and not hanging over the next page accidently.

Please be aware that when exporting with bleeds on a document with a spread it has to use the page next to it for the bleed area (as their is no inner bleed area due to it being a spread).

Opening your .afpub crashes instantly Publisher.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff
22 minutes ago, rovor said:

Hi Sean,

thank you for your reply. I'm exporting without bleed and trim marks into PDF. The afpub and the exported PDF is attached.

Thank you in advance for any advice what I'm doing wrong.

Roman

Sbornik_TEST.pdf

Sbornik_TEST.afpub

Thanks for the files. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce what your seeing - even opening the PDF in Acrobat and Chrome's PDF viewer fails to show any blue/white edges on the pages where they shouldn't be. See attached. What are you using to view the PDF, have you tried any other PDF viewers? 

4 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Opening your .afpub crashes instantly Publisher.

Does this crash more than once for you? Are you on Mac or Windows? Do you have any crash reports you could attach please?

Hi Sean,

You're right. It seems the problem occurs only in Acrobat Reader DC 2019.010... I've tried to open it in Chrome and also in Designer and it looks OK. I'm going to try different version of Acrobat Reader.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Roman

18 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Does this crash more than once for you? Are you on Mac or Windows? Do you have any crash reports you could attach please?

Crashes always. Windows 8.1. dmp is attached.

ebf471f1-d648-486c-bdde-095b401b61eb.dmp

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Thanks for the file Joachim_L,

Can you just attach a screenshot of your Preferences > Colour dialog please? I've reproduced the crash and want to be sure that you are using the same settings!

No problem.

Added: The blue line IS on page 2. Viewed with Acrobat X Pro. More or less it is not a line, but a masked area and I can't measure it exactly, the "line" is about 0,03 pt thick.

Added 2: Opened the object in Illustrator and the dimensions are 158,073 mm x 224,028 mm.

preferences-colour.jpg

Edited by Joachim_L
Added information

------

• Staff

Wonderful - thank you very much. It is the 'Convert opened files to working space' that is causing the crash with the file. If you disable that you should be able to open the file without it crashing. I have passed this on to development.

I've just had a look at I can just about make out that very slight line on the other side. This may be caused by the single master page having a bleed when applied to that spread. I'll query that with development.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.