Sign in to follow this  
nicecap

Different set of guidelines for different pages

Dear affinity team.

Recently I tried to set up guidelines for a trifold brochure.

I needed different guideline positions for the front and the back page because the part that folds to the inside needs to be shorter than the other 2 parts.

Obviously Publisher would sync the guidelines over the whole document and it is not possible to have a separate set of guideline for different pages.

Using different master pages was no solution too because guidelines are synced over separate master pages too.

So I think it would be a great idea to setup separate guideline sets for certain pages or at list for different Master pages.

I followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HavASPBcZQ and this guy could obviously use separate sets of guidelines for certain pages. Why is this not working anymore in a newer beta of publisher?

Thank you very much for this great new product in the affinity family.

Best.

Chris.

Publisher already allows different Guides on different pages, in my experience on Windows.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.502 Beta

Use two (or more) Master Pages for the from and back. Set your guides up there.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.0.499