TonyB

Affinity Designer feature roadmap

13 hours ago, BigNot said:

Line ends such as arrowheads.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

On 2/8/2019 at 6:37 AM, R C-R said:

IIRC, the Mac 1.6.1 version of Affinity Designer was released around the end of the first quarter of 2018. It fixed many of the bugs in the 1.6.0 version, so we do know that much was done less than a year ago.

But more to the point, even though the betas are not yet ready for 'serious' work, we certainly do know that they fix a lot of issues & add several new features. The most recent Mac AD customer beta was released one month ago today ... pretty clear evidence that it has been a lot less than a year since they fixed anything.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7WTz7fWqmcaSb2BW/giphy.gif

Affinity roadmap revision.

40 minutes ago, jstnhllmn said:

Affinity roadmap revision.

If newer versions than Mac 1.6. 1 will be launched, things like 

-Text features including Bullets and Numbering
-Arrow head line styles

disappear from the list.

Why not add features that are just do they work but not perfect and have not perfect UI. They will fit 80% of users, and other 20% of user will whait. You then can spent as much time as you want to make feature and it's UI as perfect as you want. You may even call them experimental, but just add them please.

53 minutes ago, TextusGames said:

Why not add features that are just do they work but not perfect and have not perfect UI. They will fit 80% of users, and other 20% of user will whait. You then can spent as much time as you want to make feature and it's UI as perfect as you want. You may even call them experimental, but just add them please.

Nice idea, but if they do that they’ll be taking away development time from other features which can be implemented properly, and they’ll still need extensive testing and debugging to make sure they don’t break any existing features. Then when they eventually find time to revise what they’ve done (which will be low priority if there’s already something in place that works after a fashion) they’ll have to subject it to their testing protocol all over again.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

13 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Nice idea, but if they do that they’ll be taking away development time from other features which can be implemented properly, and they’ll still need extensive testing and debugging to make sure they don’t break any existing features.

Which is why we have the 1.7 customer beta version to test with, & why the beta cycle is getting longer. As we have seen with the betas, some new features require changing the native Affinity file format to support them, making that arguably the most important thing to make sure some new feature doesn't somehow break.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

On 21. August 2014 at 1:49 PM, TonyB said:

Arrow head line styles

Hi, will it be possible to use own heads in future?

1 minute ago, Oval said:

Hi, will it be possible to use own heads in future?

Yes :) I deliberately wrote the code so that users can define their own curves and offset positions - with a view to opening this up in the future.

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

users can define their own curves and offset positions

Great, cat paws come true! :)

On 21 août 2014 at 12:49 PM, TonyB said:

Replicate/Blend

Hello @TonyB want to know what are your plan for this tool and if this will be like an expansion of the power duplicate?

also are we going to see this implemented in the current beta ? for us to test so we have chance to help you better the tool by submitting bug reports etc.

blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

On 3/2/2019 at 6:46 PM, Oval said:

If newer versions than Mac 1.6. 1 will be launched, things like 

-Text features including Bullets and Numbering
-Arrow head line styles

disappear from the list.

This is what will dissappear from the list when the 1.7 reaches retail status, I guess:

image.thumb.png.8c9cf7ef1c7b7af2bb7c6d16a7fe8e68.png

But I'd be asking about something, the "Effects" part in the Multiple attributes per shape, because it's not part of the current (.256 on Windows/.5 on Mac) Beta.

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

18 minutes ago, Mithferion said:

This is what will dissappear from the list when the 1.7 reaches retail status,

I guess the ,pages' will be dealt with too, this is part of Publisher and when all three 1.7th come out at the same time, it needs to be ready in all three applications for compatibility.

4 minutes ago, Jens Krebs said:

I guess the ,pages' will be dealt with too, this is part of Publisher and when all three 1.7th come out at the same time, it needs to be ready in all three applications for compatibility.

I don't know. I remember that the Pages in Designer would not be the same as in Publisher (and they'd be more like the ones you find in Fireworks), but I may as well be wrong.

Best regards!

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

The file formats are compatible and you will be albe to open Publisher files in Designer and vice versa. I assume you won't be able to USE pages in the same, extensive way as in Publisher, but it would be very strange if Serif programmed two different page features, especially considering that they needed to push both in each software to ensure compatibility.

Let's wait and see. :)

1 hour ago, Jens Krebs said:

Let's wait and see. :)

Yes. Let’s wait and see. :)

Best regards!

1 hour ago, Jens Krebs said:

I assume you won't be able to USE pages in the same, extensive way as in Publisher,

Artboards in Designer can do things that Publisher can't, and I hope and assume these are kept.

Windows 7 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

5 hours ago, Mithferion said:

This is what will disappear […]

I just answered jstnhllmn and didn’t want more.

I thought multipple fills and stroke will be on fx studio and on time with multiple layer effects,  but they are on it's seperate studio...

Does multiple layer effect still on roadmap? 

4 hours ago, TextusGames said:

Does multiple layer effect still on roadmap? 

I don't see any reason for it to be dismissed.

Who knows? We probably got an early build of the Appearance studio considering the roadmap feature. I recon that effects involve more code than strokes and fills, but we'll wait to see what happens.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

New function for publisher
It would be nice if you could select based on the same property. Think of color, font or line thickness

2 hours ago, Gomke said:

New function for publisher
It would be nice if you could select based on the same property. Think of color, font or line thickness

Hi there. If you copy an object or text, you can click Edit > Paste Style to maintain the properties. Or, are you looking into something a bit different?

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

2 hours ago, Bri-Toon said:

Hi there. If you copy an object or text, you can click Edit > Paste Style to maintain the properties. Or, are you looking into something a bit different?

I think @Gomke meant to be able to select objects as in choose objects based on a specific property— for example select all objects with outlines of y px, for instance.

I could though be wrong.