TonyB

Affinity Designer feature roadmap

What if all of the existing features had a list, and under each feature heading there were sub lists like improvements to be applied?

These could be struck through but still retain the feature heading, the same would apply to any new features.

• Guides
    • Option to set angle of guide
    • Create a guide matrix
    • etc etc
  • Grids
    • improvement 1 (completed)
    • improvement 2
    • improvement 3

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

Are those 'Bleed area guides' coming soon? It's been quite a long time now, please please! 

Having any way of seeing bleeds is quite important for me, creating manual objects with borders is just not an ok solution. It get's quite annoying after few attempts.

Hello Affinity Team,

I just want to suggest, how if affinity add a feature to create Vector Shading. i think this tool not available on any design software yet. 

the idea is, when we have drawn a shape like circle, we can generate pencil shading into the circle automatically : darkest, medium and light.

this can ease when we design in classic style.

here some sample of shading from the web : www dot strathmoreartist dot com

Graphite Shading 3.JPG

Hello!

Is this going to be added soon?

-Mesh warp/distort tool

Or there's other way to do this angled text?

image.png.537a9db58af43f55c9d30a53618398bb.png

INTEL I5 3470 | 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | SSD EVO850 500GB | MSI 1050 TI 4GB

Windows 10 | Affinity Designer 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.206

12 minutes ago, Fixx said:

Rotate?

yes. I was thinking about publisher and post this here.

Rotate it's not that great for table content on publisher since it's not possible to rotate text in a cell.
I need to convert to curves and do it.

INTEL I5 3470 | 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | SSD EVO850 500GB | MSI 1050 TI 4GB

Windows 10 | Affinity Designer 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.206

Would love to see a selective colouring with colour picker. It is critical for photographers editing in Affinity Photo and I'm quite surprised it isn't a feature. I know it's taboo to post a video of a Lightroom tutorial, but I'm posting it because Affinity Photo needs it!

Hi, I'm doing design/print/cut stuff, and I'm suggesting changes that will improve workflow.

1. You (Serif) need somebody who do actual printing, cutting workflow - Roland, Mimaki, Mutoh, HP, Summa...
And I'm not saying that you need to make RIP software, or CUT server, but make your output files industry standard compatible with software that output (print/cut/engrave...) your work (PDF, TIF, EPS, JPEG, PS).

It has nothing to do with roadmap, but with fixing bugs that affect our work, and it needed to be fixed.
Design stuff is nice but useless if you can't/have problems/ transferring your work.

So I made my vehicle design/wrap in Affinity Designer, and now I can't use it without copying everything in CorelDraw/Photoshop, and that step should not happened. 

2. file (pdf, eps, ps) output need to be standardized and match Photoshop/Illustrator/CorelDraw.
3. Text/shape to curve braking is really unacceptable and should be addressed ASAP.
4. One million+ percent zoom is bad idea, and useless in real life because rounding errors later, IEEE 754
5. Export size should be in unit of the file (mm, in, cm, m), not just in pixels.

Thanks.

p.s. for now, software is awesome, keep a good work.

16 hours ago, zstekovic said:

It has nothing to do with roadmap, but ...

If it has nothing to do with the roadmap, why have you posted to this roadmap thread? :/

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

On 9/26/2018 at 11:17 AM, RM10 said:

Rotate it's not that great for table content on publisher since it's not possible to rotate text in a cell.

But if you have two tables, the one on top can be skewed.

1160746947_ScreenShot2018-09-28at8_32_14PM.thumb.png.bf344d5edcbba536ccad611be01500c5.png

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

13 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

If it has nothing to do with the roadmap, why have you posted to this roadmap thread? :/

Answer is that roadmap does not mean anything if you have multiple bugs/issues - so, screw roadmap.
Roadmap should be solving those fundamental issues first - and this is perfect place to express that.

I'm actively using (own) various software to earn living - CorelDraw (X3-X7), Adobe CS3-6, Flexi, Quark, Caldera, VersaWorks, CREO, RasterLink, and so on... and let me be clear, Affinity Designer (and Photo) are my toys, I like them, but in this state they are useless for lot of people that should be targeted as primary users.

Just trying to help...

3 hours ago, zstekovic said:

Roadmap should be solving those fundamental issues first - and this is perfect place to express that.

No, the perfect place to express your views on outstanding issues is new threads, one per issue, in the Bugs in Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo forum (“Oops. Did we get it wrong? Let us know in these forums and we’ll get it fixed.”) where you can describe in detail the nature and impact of the bug. The current thread is in the Feature Requests & Feedback forum (“Post feature requests that you think will make Affinity even better. Any suggestions about the software go in these forums”).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

No, I just want to change roadmap from clearly wrong one (let's put bunch of stuff in package) to correct one (let's improve on already good product).
And you, if you want this thread "kosher" you should message me (there is an option), not discus in wrong thread "Look how smart I'm, I know all the rules... you are wrong... doh!". Regards!

It's not about anyone sounding smart. The only reason for bugs to get their own topics is because it might get lost here. It's a better way for the team to keep track of all discussions. There has been many off-topic discussions on this thread (not accusing anyone), and within 71 pages, there would be no easy way to locate the problem. The original post even says to create new topics for suggestions, but so many people don't read that before posting. I'm not trying to butt in, but just so you understand that he's just reminding people what has been dealt with several times.

FYI I'm guilty of this too. I admit it. Haha.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

24 minutes ago, Bri-Toon said:

It's not about anyone sounding smart.

Let's be honest about it. It is at least a little about how smart someone will sound if they don't understand why it is in their own best interests to follow the instructions in the first post of this topic or to post whatever they want to say to the appropriate forum. :(

Affinity Photo 1.7.1 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Please don't use this thread to argue about the purpose of this thread, I think we can all agree that is not it's purpose!

Just as an FYI, the Publisher roadmap that will be available to read after we start selling Affinity Publisher will be a locked thread..... with instructions to make new threads for suggestions and bugs. We may use the release of 1.7 to make new roadmap threads for all applications and lock them all (with links to the earlier ones like this thread would be my preference). 

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Avid Affinity Designer user and I'm so close to dropping Adobe, but image trace and text distortion is what's holding me back. A simple and non-rasterizing way to manip text is my most used tool. I didn't realize how much I used it until I needed to find a work around for a simple arc lower design. Lots of thread on these requests, is there a queue of pending (approved) requests? 

On 10/6/2018 at 11:56 AM, JohnnyHuy said:

Recently purchased Affinity Designer, I hope to see the mesh warp/distort tool as soon as possible - good stuff!

Welcome to the forum. And that feature is one I'm looking forward to as well.