TonyB

Affinity Designer feature roadmap

3 hours ago, Oval said:

If people buy more than they need this is (like) an upgrade revenue.

I don't understand. Buy more of what? If not more copies of apps they already have, then what? O.o

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 & Affinity Designer 1.6..4.45 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.1.1

Hey @Ben, regarding your video sneak peeks. Are you targeting the node to snap to somehow for all of these snapping maneuvers?

How would some of these works with more nodes along a path? AND/OR Does it always have to be an adjacent node or can it be any node on a path?

Just wondering how you're enacting the behaviour or how this might work in a slightly more complicated situation. Thanks.

Edit: sorry I added this to the wrong thread. I reposted it in the 1.7 sneak peeks thread.

Edited by retrograde
Wrong forum

2 hours ago, retrograde said:

Hey @Ben, regarding your video sneak peeks. Are you targeting the node to snap to somehow for all of these snapping maneuvers?

How would some of these works with more nodes along a path? AND/OR Does it always have to be an adjacent node or can it be any node on a path?

Just wondering how you're enacting the behaviour or how this might work in a slightly more complicated situation. Thanks.

If it works with all nodes that is in the same path it would be very hectic I think. 

12 hours ago, VIPStephan said:

How do you know that there won’t be 2.10 and so on (and likewise 1.10 etc.)?

You are never sure. Some companies cycle their version much faster.

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Typesetter, Graphic Designer, Photographer
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

14 hours ago, R C-R said:

If not more copies of apps they already have, then what? O.o

Right, more copies or just one copy for every platform without having the right iPad, computer, one unusable copy that has not the expected features, … seems that already accelerated the development of some of the features on the roadmap.

A question about new features please.

Will Affinity Designer 1.7 come with more stock websites ?

I see, we only get link to Shutterworks but there are tons of good stock site out there who can help us too.

Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

On 21/08/2014 at 0:49 PM, TonyB said:

Illustration & Design

-Pages

-Knockout groups

-Multiple Effects/Fills/Strokes per shape

-Convert Pixel selection to Vector shape

Hello @TonyB i Want to know more about the above.

They look very interresting and i want to know more so i can plan to use them for better result in my day to day works.

Please tell us more about *pages* improvement please 

Edited by Arnaud Mez

Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

Since you may already be approaching such capabilities, perhaps you will provide us with information re the following program inclusions:  

*** Paint Brushes that are capable of adding real paint-like textures and brush hair appearances

*** Graphic sizing capabilities that make it automatic to size for various HD and UHD resolutions such as 4K-8K dimensions and so forth.  

Quite honestly, you guys and dolls have the heart and sole to achieve heights not yet reached by Painter and Photoshop.  

May the gods of beauty rest easily with you.  

7 hours ago, wolfchen@charter.net said:

Since you may already be approaching such capabilities, perhaps you will provide us with information re the following program inclusions:  

*** Paint Brushes that are capable of adding real paint-like textures and brush hair appearances

*** Graphic sizing capabilities that make it automatic to size for various HD and UHD resolutions such as 4K-8K dimensions and so forth.  

Quite honestly, you guys and dolls have the heart and sole to achieve heights not yet reached by Painter and Photoshop.  

May the gods of beauty rest easily with you.  

I believe such a thing would be achieved by Affinity Photo and not Affinity Desiner. So, wrong thread. The correct one is next door.;)

33 minutes ago, jstnhllmn said:

Point of clarification, sorry to be a pest:

Where is the blend tool on the roadmap? Does the roadmap have specific dot objections listed? 

See the very first post in this thread, down towards the end under the heading Usability: -Replicate/Blend

That post also has the roadmap dot point objectives ;) (the objections are in all the posts afterwards :D).

Some of the roadmap objectives (e.g. symbols) have already been reached and consequently removed from the roadmap.

@jstnhllmn I notice guide and grid improvement (mentioned in the 5th post) and text styles (mentioned later on the first page of the thread) have also been removed from the roadmap as they were implemented and released as the Grid and Axis Manager, the Guide Manager, and the Text Style panel.

I have not been completely through the rest of the thread to see what else has disappeared from the roadmap after implementation, although I see @Raskolnikov lists some of the original items in this post.

Pantone and spot colours, artboards, custom shortcut keys, and others - all done and removed from the original roadmap list.

Although, as users, we are all hungry for more features that match our individual desires, it is worth contemplating occasionally that a lot of progress has already been made (and is being made).

1 minute ago, VIPStephan said:

@TonyB, perhaps it would be a good idea to strike out the items that have been implemented rather than just removing them from the list? This way we see the progress that has already been made and people might not ask for this and that everytime?

Agreed!

-- nevermind, wrong post --

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM. 
Affinity PHOTO 1.7.x --> AMAZING. Getting there for painting. Temporary trick  (Windows - only) for better "alt" key color picking configured in a Wacom Intuos Pro pen's side button.

57 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

What is calligraphic line style?

A calligraphic line varies in thickness according to the direction of the stroke, as if drawn using a pen with an italic nib.

53 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

We know that this feature is for 1.x. But, is there any limits to the value of "x"?

No.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.4 (iPad Air 2)

7 minutes ago, Alfred said:

A calligraphic line varies in thickness according to the direction of the stroke, as if drawn using a pen with an italic nib.

Thank god its on the roadmap. It would be useful on illustration.

I am not 100% sure of this, so anyone correct me if I'm wrong. It's also worth mentioning that you have to be careful on how they are used. If you try applying a fill to a calligraphic line style, it will have the same result as a custom vector brush preset. (The color does not stay in the boundaries of the stroke, because the stroke is separate from the actual path's outline.)

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!