TonyB

Affinity Designer feature roadmap

Yes, 

Yes, the more beta testers the better. You will need to have purchased Affinity from the App Store to run to though.

so how can we get on the beta program?

FWIW I was on the pre release beta - does that help?

one planet, one chance

so how can we get on the beta program?

FWIW I was on the pre release beta - does that help?

Hi Tim, once you buy & install the Mac App Store version of Affinity Designer you are then able to install and use the latest Affinity Designer beta, which is downloadable via this forum.

If you're after a public beta of the upcoming Affinity Photo, that will be announced in the News and Information section of the forum when it's available.

HTH.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Work: Intel i7-6700, NVIDIA Quadro K1200 and Intel HD 530, Windows 10   |   Home: Intel Q6600, NVIDIA GTX950, Windows 10

Can't remember if I posted this before but if so  think it bears expanding on, so please bear with me:

The environment is everything: Multiple artboards and a pasteboard is what will mean i can almost certainly leave illustrator behind - certainly for the bulk of my vector workflow.  

AD has gotten so much right by focussing on areas like selection as a priority, please keep the focus on these areas that affect the organic feel of the app. This is so much more important than pdf output formats ands whatnot; because (at this stage in AD's development) none of us begrudge having to use a different app at the end of the workflow.  

But it's the things that stop and "make us think" as steve krug would say, that are most important, because they interrupt the heart of our creativity and workflow.

Somewhere to put work in progress elements is, like good selection options, vital to an organic, workflow.  If all we have is the single artboard, its difficult to have flow  - as we might with physical materials on a physical desktop.

</rant>

one planet, one chance

The environment is everything: Multiple artboards and a pasteboard is what will mean i can almost certainly leave illustrator behind - certainly for the bulk of my vector workflow.  

Although this is true, use cases are so varied that everyone is going to have different must-haves and different deal-breakers.

For me, it's over-printing and trapping controls. I can live without fine tuning the trapping, but if I can't set black overprints on an object-by-object basis then I can't move my work to AD. I'll happily work around any number of idiosyncratic interface choices once that overprint control comes.

Cheers

Jim

Good roadmap!

2 things + please.....

/ lines, curves and shapes (open) with line ends (arrow, bullet, etc...)

/ capability of make bigger text (and possibly icons) in interface (sometimes too too little to see with elevated pixel density screens)

E Luengo, MD

I love you guys, really. As an enthusiastic FreeHand user I needed just one day to love Affinity Designer. It's fast, it's smart and it's simple AND powerful. Hold on doing what you do! Big up and big respect from the other side of the sea!

We need bleed support for print documents, it's absolutely necessary! I'm staying on Illustrator until print documents are perfect in AD (import/export .AI/.PDF/.EPS with bleeding).

Can't stand Illustrator anymore... It's so laggy on my brand new hi-end MBP Retina, even with a white page.

We need bleed support for print documents, it's absolutely necessary! I'm staying on Illustrator until print documents are perfect in AD (import/export .AI/.PDF/.EPS with bleeding).

Can't stand Illustrator anymore... It's so laggy on my brand new hi-end MBP Retina, even with a white page.

Yes , I need it  too! and  say: Goodbye illustrator!... and I would be a little less slave of Adobe!!! hehehe. When  Affinity Photo and publisher would be released...  I  will say : Goodbye Adobe!!!

I have dumped the AI, but the Affinity Designer still needs pasteboards and pro printing features (for example: bleeding with imported/exported AI, PDF, EPS files).

Also better Wacom support - drawing is lagging when using my Intuos 3.

These are some great features on this roadmap.  Once I get an copy of Affinity Designer, I know that I will use these features to the fullest. Cant wait to give them an try! :)

You guys ROCK. Sorry for nor posting for a while - been preparing tons of stuff for my new Society6 shop - make an educated guess what software I used 90% of the time ;)

When could we expect Trim and Bleed control please? I have so much hope in AD to become a great and valid professionnal software... Need bleed control pleeeeeaase!

great list, text on path is a big one for me, great program, and well done to all the guys and gals at affinity, its about time somebody gave us a alternative to adobe and their creative cloud joke. Keep up the good work and please please don't sell out to the big guys, you have spotted a huge gap in the market where the competition has now overpriced and is killing itself, looking forward to the rest of the affinity set going beta and can't wait to jump on board.

This features list is great. I'm trying the trial version and, also for this promises, I'm thinking to buy this beautiful software.

Great!

Affinity Designer 1.2

iMac OSX 10.10.3

Hello tomateck,

Welcome to Affinity forums.

A Mesh warp/distort tool is already on our roadmap.

Regarding the 3D tool i can't give you a definitive answer. Affinity Designer is an hybrid raster/vector software and although some illustration applications offer basic 3D functionality, i'm unsure if this is being considered by the Affinity team yet. In any case there's a considerable list of features with higher priority to be implemented first.

I don't know if you're using this thread at all to set your priorities in terms of new features, but if you are, please add me to the list for really, really, really needing bleed controls, and for really wanting text on a path.

Have you considered having some way to have users vote on what new features should be a priority?

Cheers,

Janet