TonyB

Affinity Designer feature roadmap

4 hours ago, Fatih19 said:

What about pure vector brush? I would like to see that. 

How would a pure vector brush differ from the vector brushes that Designer has today?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.399 Beta

6 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

How would a pure vector brush differ from the vector brushes that Designer has today?

The current one is not a pure vector, meaning that if you scale it up or zoom in you can see those ugly pixels. 

3 hours ago, Fatih19 said:

The current one is not a pure vector, meaning that if you scale it up or zoom in you can see those ugly pixels. 

I don't experience this at all in Designer. I know if a vector drawing is to be edited in Photo, then for that time being it is vexel. Programs like Photoshop, Krita, Gimp, and other pixel based software that say they support vector layers actually support vexel layers. The terminology is changed because a lot of people are unfamiliar with that term. I don't know if this is the case for you and if you might be editing Designer drawings in Photo, but it is actually impossible for pixel based software to support pure vector. Yes, Designer (vector based) does the opposite and supports pixel tools, but that is very rare.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

5 hours ago, Bri-Toon said:

I don't experience this at all in Designer. I know if a vector drawing is to be edited in Photo, then for that time being it is vexel. Programs like Photoshop, Krita, Gimp, and other pixel based software that say they support vector layers actually support vexel layers. The terminology is changed because a lot of people are unfamiliar with that term. I don't know if this is the case for you and if you might be editing Designer drawings in Photo, but it is actually impossible for pixel based software to support pure vector. Yes, Designer (vector based) does the opposite and supports pixel tools, but that is very rare.

I made textured intensity brush and when I zoom in I could see a gray fog surrounding the brush. I use Affinity Designer btw. 

Hey guys, I've just started a thread about Symbols and Symbols Panel features: 

I think that this could be relevant for affinity roadmap, but I didn't want to start a side discussion here.

Check it if you are interested, and leave your thoughts :)

Hi,

Today I unfortunately had to go back to Illustrator CS6 because I had to create a 0.07 pt outline around some text for some fine prepress adjustments. In Designer the thinest line I could create was 0.1 pt. Maybe there is an option to do this in Designer but I haven't found it. It might seem like no difference between 0.1 and 0.07 but there are situations where it can make a difference in print. If the options doesn't exist it would be great to have that in the future.

Ian

9 minutes ago, ianborcic said:

Hi,

Today I unfortunately had to go back to Illustrator CS6 because I had to create a 0.07 pt outline around some text for some fine prepress adjustments. In Designer the thinest line I could create was 0.1 pt. Maybe there is an option to do this in Designer but I haven't found it. It might seem like no difference between 0.1 and 0.07 but there are situations where it can make a difference in print. If the options doesn't exist it would be great to have that in the future.

Ian

Hi Ian,

If you type '0.07pt' we will use that value, but the UI is set to a default 1 decimal place precision so the number will be reflected back to you as 0.1pt - it's actually using 0.07pt, just as you asked for though. You can change the UI's precision in the Preferences - just go to Preferences -> User Interface -> Decimal Places for Unit Types: -> Points and set it to whatever would make sense for your purposes :)

Thanks,

Matt

With Preferences > User Interface > Decimal Places for Unit Types > Points set to 6 & you can get this:

stroke.png.c03f48e25d351329dc328048c6d7d910.png

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

11 minutes ago, R C-R said:

With Preferences > User Interface > Decimal Places for Unit Types > Points set to 6 & you can get this:

stroke.png.c03f48e25d351329dc328048c6d7d910.png

That seems a bit ... er ... pointless! :P

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

Can you set it to 30 decimal point tho? Because then, I could draw with an accuracy of a Planck length. 

15 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

Can you set it to 30 decimal point tho? Because then, I could draw with an accuracy of a Planck length. 

But how would you know if it was accurate or not? 89.gif

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

1 minute ago, R C-R said:

But how would you know if it was accurate or not? 89.gif

It's a joke about how there is no point of setting it up to 6 decimal point like what the previous person did. 

6 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

It's a joke about how there is no point of setting it up to 6 decimal point like what the previous person did. 

So was my 'how would you know' comment. ;)

Now you won’t habe to go back to Illustrator, I hope. :P

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

1 hour ago, Fatih19 said:

There are constant jokes about Planck, but most of them are a bit wooden!

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

6 minutes ago, Alfred said:

There are constant jokes about Planck, but most of them are a bit wooden!

You may be board, but I hope you will knot use that as an excuse to make more of them.

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

Not when it comes to over 1,000,000 percent zoom. B|

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

18 minutes ago, R C-R said:

You may be board, but I hope you will knot use that as an excuse to make more of them.

It should be plane to regular visitors here that knot to make more of them wood go against the grain.

Alfred online2long.gif

Any Distortion, Warp, or Perspective distort features soon?  This year?  Any date release?  I need to know if I need to change apps.

What is everyone else doing to get around not having Distortion or Perspective distorts in Affinity Designer?

Any tips?

21 hours ago, AffinityAppMan said:

Any Distortion, Warp, or Perspective distort features soon?  This year?  Any date release?  I need to know if I need to change apps.

What is everyone else doing to get around not having Distortion or Perspective distorts in Affinity Designer?

Any tips?

1 hour ago, nacktschneck said:

+1

no distortion, mesh warp - no affinity designer

greetz martin

I can give you the information that it is on the roadmap as you can see, but I have a number of other things to do before I get to it. I do not believe it will happen this year. The other tasks are issues/bugs which cannot be worked around, so they must take precedence. I'm sorry this does not align with your view on what's most important, but everyone has different use-cases and I must do things in the order that makes most sense, sorry :( The features will be added as we have said they will be, but the ordering of these additions must be fluid and must happen whenever makes most sense.

Thanks,

Matt

7 hours ago, MattP said:

I can give you the information that it is on the roadmap as you can see, but I have a number of other things to do before I get to it. I do not believe it will happen this year. The other tasks are issues/bugs which cannot be worked around, so they must take precedence. I'm sorry this does not align with your view on what's most important, but everyone has different use-cases and I must do things in the order that makes most sense, sorry :( The features will be added as we have said they will be, but the ordering of these additions must be fluid and must happen whenever makes most sense.

Thanks,

Matt

Even if I'd like to have this feature right now, I really look forward to it when it's ready. I'm confident it will be a good and enjoyable implementation. :)

Keep up the good work, Matt.

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art