TonyB

Affinity Designer feature roadmap

In PagePlus and DrawPlus, in addition to customizing the existing toolbars you can create new ones.

Oh … good to know, thanks, Alfred … never used these apps …   :)

The possibilities are endless, Alex, but here's a quick example for you! ^_^

post-8358-0-47432500-1495101676_thumb.png

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hi I see is not considered yet but it would be great if you can improve a feature to create tables with rows and columns for easy ux creation and styling. I hope this could be posible, i did not see this improvement in any other design program just in office software, but i think it would be very usefull.

Hi I see is not considered yet but it would be great if you can improve a feature to create tables with rows and columns for easy ux creation and styling. I hope this could be posible, i did not see this improvement in any other design program just in office software, but i think it would be very usefull.

This sounds like one of those things that will be needed for Affinity Publisher. It remains to be seen whether it will then find its way into Affinity Designer, but I wouldn't be greatly surprised if it's kept as an APub-only feature (so that AD users who need it will also purchase APub).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

I actually made a request on that one before, but it was more on the lines of aligning objects in cells.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Please find below the current feature roadmap for Affinity Designer. The list is a selection of features from our own internal roadmap we would like to share with our users. If a feature you would like isn't on the list then feel free to create a new post so everyone can discuss it. We read all the feature suggestions and consider each one very carefully.

The idea is the list will never get longer. As we complete and release features then we will replace those features with new ones.

Pro Printing

-Phase II transparency flattener

-Bleed area guides

Illustration & Design

-Mesh fill tool

-Mesh warp/distort tool

-Knife tool

-Calligraphic line styles

-Arrow head line styles

-Export slices previews with actual export data

-Pages

-Text features including Bullets and Numbering

-Knockout groups

-Multiple Effects/Fills/Strokes per shape

-Convert Pixel selection to Vector shape

Usability

-Replicate/Blend

Please feel free to ask questions about the features on the list but don't post new feature requests in this thread, just create a new thread.

Just wondering which of this is accomplished in 1.6 ? I couldn't find it in the beta 1.6 notes - so just wanted to be sure.

Thanks

Just wondering which of this is accomplished in 1.6 ?

None of it, unless something got left on the list accidentally. It isn't a changelog, recording what has been newly implemented: it's a roadmap, listing what is still to come.

Alfred online2long.gif

Hi, Affinity team you published roadmap 21 Aug 2014. So when we can expect one of feature from list. 

Almost 3 years you correct bugs, implement small features. I am not criticize or hurry up your developement but, in your promo i'v noticed that your team "develop and hard work 5 years" for first release. I am afraid that list of features you published will be same in next two years.

Good luck and best wishes

Thank you all for the hard work.

Here is a short list.

• Node alignment
  • Line erase and trim to line (different that knife or node split tools)
  • Draw shapes on selected axis (ellipses, etc)
  • Eye dropper to copy paste all or some properties of object
  • Callouts (great for parts lists). Perhaps this can be part of the arrowhead feature. Auto numbering would be an awesome bonus.
  • An ai/PS export that works. ;-)

Thank you all for the hard work.

Here is a short list [of feature requests].

As requested in the OP to this thread, please create new threads to discuss these suggestions.

Please feel free to ask questions about the features on the list but don't post new feature requests in this thread, just create a new thread.

Alfred online2long.gif

Here you go: gmorning.gif

Alfred online2long.gif

Crap. Sorry about that. I hadn't have a full cup of coffee yet.

Oh dang. How could you forget that?

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I think there is one feature may be interesting

scenario:

select two or more nodes

then press some shortcut

you get new nodes that are located at an equal distance from the old but on the same path

Hi, apologies if this has been requested before but an illustrator "live paint" feature (affinity designer) would be very beneficial. 

I'm trying to work with a design where I need to colour each box a different colour and its proving almost impossible I'm finding in affinity and it doesn't have the live paint feature.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Stefan. :)

Hi, apologies if this has been requested before but an illustrator "live paint" feature (affinity designer) would be very beneficial. 

I'm trying to work with a design where I need to colour each box a different colour and its proving almost impossible I'm finding in affinity and it doesn't have the live paint feature.

Please create a new thread in the Feature Requests section.

Alfred online2long.gif

Even though feature requests don't go here as Alfred mentioned, I will say that vector flood fills is one of my most wanted ones. Well I may have a solution. I don't know if it helps, but I came up with an idea of how to add fills quickly to open shapes without having to use the Pen Tool.

Fast Color Technique in Affinity Designer

Hi,

So it's been getting to two years - I think - since this roadmap had lines with arrowheads. Of all the things - to this day - I find myself needing a lot it's lines with arrow heads.

Please tell me that there is a version coming soon to computer near us that will have this as a current feature?

BTW, yes I am aware that there are ways to "cheat" and making it look like arrows. And I am pretty happy with AD otherwise.

Thanks,

John...

I think it would be awesome, if there would be a way to add diagonal guide lines in the guide line System, too (with angle system). As a third option besides horizontal and vertical guide lines (except the diagonal guide lines are with extensible options). I think this "small" extra option could be a real useful tool- especially for artists who wants to use the full advantages in the area of perspective drawing.

Since AD was designed for more than just an Alternative for Adobe Illustrator, it would be a huge GAME CHANGER IF Affinity Designer would have some of the geometric tools you can find in Rhinoceros (3D CAD). There are a huge number of Artists out there, who solves their Designs mainly with geometrically shapes and functions (like golden ratio ).

Think about it: Geometrically based Vector(Illustration) tools to save a lot times. Corel Painter does have some kind of similar tools so you can use the well known techniques you can find in common Design theory.

PS: sry again for my poor english

is the first post constantly updated or is that still the post from 2014?

Welcome to the forums!

It has definitely been updated since 2014. No worries!