TonyB

Affinity Designer feature roadmap

It would be nice a feature like AutoCAD POLAR ARRAY, so you can place object/selections around a specified point, or along a specified path. The essential options are : number of objects, angle between items, radius of array.

post-53384-0-38788600-1492066359_thumb.png

Thank you  :)

Hi PasoPasi,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

We already have a Blend/Replicate Tool in Designer's roadmap (first post on this thread) but i don't know if there's plans to include blend along a path functionality. I suggest you add this to the Feature Requests section (create a new thread) as this may become lost here. We don't track feature requests posted on this thread - it's just for questions/comments about the roadmap items.

I would love to see you guys having a look at Rhino. This Program has a bunch of awesome features witch would fit in affinity designer just perfectly. 

For example there are features witch allow the user to array objects along a curve, in a circle or in a rectangle. 

other handy features are 'connect' witch connects two individual lines by expanding them till they meet up. Fillet, a feature with connects two curves in a circle. 

they also approach moving a object in a different way, by setting a reference point to move from. This allows the user to move a object in one position by referring two a distance on another object. 

I don't say you should copy all of the features. I just think some would be really helpful and definitely worth a look.

sincerely Marius 

awesome features witch would fit

For example there are features witch 

a feature with connects two curves in a circle

? Such much watch with which whisky?

Again, Marius: Please add this to the Feature Requests section (create a new thread) as this may become lost here. We don't track feature requests posted on this thread - it's just for questions/comments about the roadmap items.

OMG I am so sorry for this.. 

I mixed up word..  I've heard that happens some time .. 

how can i possibly make it up to you??? 

I'm a non-native English speaker btw.

ps: This post you're  refering to, wasn't visible on the first page. Afterwards i noticed it .. but i couldn't find the delete button for the post. 

This topic is ”Affinity Designer feature roadmap” and not “What I would like”, not “I need this and that very soon”, not “Why is that missing”, …

Too many posts with unstoppable feature requests here. Answers/Questions about the features on the list get overlooked. Really annoying.

This post you're  refering to, wasn't visible on the first page.

Marius, wenn man den ersten Post mit “Please feel free to ask questions about the features on the list but don't post new feature requests in this thread, just create a new thread.” auf der ersten Seite überliest, könnte man ja zumindest den letzten Post (auf der 49sten Seite) beachten, um zu verstehen, was hier angefragt werden darf.

Hello MEB,

sorry to disturb you. I wondered if it could be find a dedicated web page about AD's roadmap so that all users should come to have a glance on it.

Do you think it could be possible ?

warm regards.

Stefan

Hello MEB,

sorry to disturb you. I wondered if it could be find a dedicated web page about AD's roadmap so that all users should come to have a glance on it.

Do you think it could be possible ?

warm regards.

Stefan

This is a bit off topic, but it's still important. When I revisited the first page of this topic, my browser stopped insecure content from opening up. This only happens on the first page of this topic.

post-27616-0-41562100-1493991103_thumb.png

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

On 05/05/2017 at 2:32 PM, bleduc said:

This is a bit off topic, but it's still important. When I revisited the first page of this topic, my browser stopped insecure content from opening up. This only happens on the first page of this topic.

In this post there's an embedded YouTube video that doesn't show up in my browser (Vivaldi) on Windows. The Developer Tools console tells me:

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/842-affinity-designer-feature-roadmap/'was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure resource 'http://youtube.com/embed/SrDFGa0juCM?html5=1&fs=1'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

On 05/05/2017 at 2:32 PM, bleduc said:

In this post there's an embedded YouTube video that doesn't show up in my browser (Vivaldi) on Windows. The Developer Tools console tells me:

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/842-affinity-designer-feature-roadmap/'was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure resource 'http://youtube.com/embed/SrDFGa0juCM?html5=1&fs=1'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Not sure this will be included in the calligraphy or other tools mentioned but I would LOVE a bracket tool as part of the selection (not sure what you call that feature under the rounded rectangle tool). Many times I'm building a handout and want to have a nice bracket to visually guide people. Maybe the font bracket is enough and I can just rotate it. Haven't used it enough to know pros and cons of having an automatic graphic bracket. Just a thought for those who know the difference of using the font version or a tool explicitly for brackets. Thanks again for all the hard work put into this endeavor.

Hello

Any news when this will be available?

-Mesh warp/distort tool

Before you leap, you must look.

Before you look, you must think.

Before you think, you must feel!

Before you feel, you must--

I've had enough!

It looks like you may have found the problem then. It's strange how different browsers show different content. I'm using Opera, and that post is just blank.

Also, I'm shocked that you are aware of Vivaldi. Vivaldi and Brave are browsers most people haven't heard of.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

It looks like you may have found the problem then. It's strange how different browsers show different content. I'm using Opera, and that post is just blank.

Also, I'm shocked that you are aware of Vivaldi. Vivaldi and Brave are browsers most people haven't heard of.

I hadn't heard of Brave until now, but as a former Opera user there's nothing particularly shocking about my having gravitated towards Jon von Tetzchner's new browser. ^_^

Alfred online2long.gif

I hadn't heard of Brave until now, but as a former Opera user there's nothing particularly shocking about my having gravitated towards Jon von Tetzchner's new browser. ^_^

I just thought it was shocking because browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Maxthon, Edge, and Internet Explorer are the ones in the market, so I was just saying it is uncommon for people to be familiar with others. I value difference in style. And yes, similar to how Jon is a former programmer of Opera, Brave was created by a former programmer of Firefox.

I have a suggestion. Option to adjust text area container to actual current text content - this would be handy when I want to space them vertically so I get nice spacing between. Possibly for Publisher but Designer could have it as well. This should work on multiple text areas selected as well

www.cgartists.eu

Text on the path, especially on the circle has to much unexpected results

Pallets docking to one window 

Store studio settings and windows (position)

Better wacom support

Guidelines for bleed

Intuitive shortcuts - p=pen, o=oval, r=rectangle (with shift or option toogle ...)

Over all, too many functions with to much interelved handlings (steps)

... and all the things that other guys mentioned :-)

For more productivity, i have to change back to adobe for a while – Even if it annoys me :-(

Die Now Live Later - KMFDM

Are there any plans to allow us to make our own custom toolbar that has only the things we want on it?  I'm talking about one like in PagePlus.  I like that one a lot.  Would also like a spiral tool like that in DrawPlus.

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

Hi MaryLou,

for starters, you can customize the main toolbar as well as the side toolbar. The options are available under

View > Customise Toolbar …

View > Customise Tools …

at the very bottom of the menu. Does that already help?  :)

Alex

you can customize the main toolbar as well as the side toolbar

In PagePlus and DrawPlus, in addition to customizing the existing toolbars you can create new ones.

Alfred online2long.gif