TonyB

Affinity Designer feature roadmap

As far as i know the beta version will be updated regularly while the Mac App Store version will be updated every couple of months.

Every beta release has a log with all the fixes and improvements listed in the forum. The MAS version lists all the changes made to the program in the Updates notification section.

TonyB stated the Feature Roadmap will be updated as soon as they complete the current features listed there.

I just thought how awesome it would be if you guys edited the starting post to show:

• When the update is expected 
  • What's fixed
  • What new features there will be

It makes sense that to be done that way because so we can test those new behaviours / tools and be sure they work properly for all of us with our different computers / ipads  and knowing the new features avalaible :)

New bells and whistles are fine but could you please address the export problems I mentioned in a bug report.

Zenracer one of the developers responded to your report, did you manage to send a file that demonstrated the problem?

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Work: Intel i7-6700, NVIDIA Quadro K1200 and Intel HD 530, Windows 10   |   Home: Intel Q6600, NVIDIA GTX950, Windows 10

How I become a beta tester?

Information will be posted in this section of the forum:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/15-affinity-designer-beta/

The Affinity Designer update betas will be open to people that have purchased Affinity Designer through the Mac App Store and have it installed.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Work: Intel i7-6700, NVIDIA Quadro K1200 and Intel HD 530, Windows 10   |   Home: Intel Q6600, NVIDIA GTX950, Windows 10

I've been let down so many times in the past with Illustrator replacements (Vector Designer (dead), Intaglio (stuck in time), Lineform (dead)...) I can only hope Affinity Designer survives the test of time.  I'm rooting for you!

-Pantone, Spot and Registration colours AWESOME.

-Font sub-setting control GREAT.

-Symbols GREAT.        

-Pages and Art-boards AWESOME.

-Text features including Text Styles, Bullets and Numbering GREAT.

-Dashed line styles GREAT.

-Pasteboard design area AWESOME.

-Guides and grid improvements GREAT.

-Customisable shortcut keys AWESOME.

:)

good lookin' road map.

I'm feeling a lot less stress in the vector realm since installing AD, and it isn't that it is not a certain other tool; it is that AD is a great tool in its own rite. I haven't felt this way about a software tool in awhile.

2012 Mac Book Pro 12”, 8GB RAM, Mojave  |  2017 iPad Pro 12.9” 256GB, iOS 12.1.1

1. App lacks precise info on exporting files... for example now I am exporting to tiff but app doesn't tell me it is being done... same with other file types. It should say it is exporting and allow me to cancel if it takes too long. It should show how much is yet left till finish.

2. if shape if sum of smaller shapes there should be option to break it into the parts it consists of

3. The snapping tool should be able to detect also the inside lines and points of shapes to allow precise drawing (as it is in smart guides in AI)

www.cgartists.eu

1. We should take a look at this.

2. Go to Layer -> Geometry -> Divide

3. The snapping is still being worked on. Some options aren't available yet. Meanwhile have you checked local snapping options for the Pen and Node Tool (see snapping section in the context toolbar for those tools)? This may help in a way similar to smart guides in AI. Anyway you can expect some improvements soon.

Hello!

Can you add support for SpaceExplorer (3Dconnexion) devices?

If supported in app this device can really improve workflow.

http://www.3dconnexion.eu/products/what-is-a-3d-mouse.html

I am desperately waiting for Pro Printing features, especially Pantone, Print Marks, Publishing PDF export, bleed & trim.

When do you plan to add this features?

Edit:

It would be nice if AD would work with Font Explorer X http://www.fontexplorerx.com/macfeatures/. :)

Take care,

P.

Hi Corin,

Welcome to Affinity Forums.

The pasteboard is the empty area around your document (the grey part). Currently you can't place objects temporally there for later use. They disappear. This should change soon. 

How soon?

How can I draw 3D shapes, such as cylinders cubes and prisms?

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

I can't speed for the Devs, but at some point features can feel like mission creep or out of scope, in a sense...you can make 3D shapes right now using your own artistry and the fine tools in AD..

Illustrator included some 3D tools a few years back and they're not bad...pretty much a regurg of Adobe Dimensions of the 90's..they can be good for a quick solution.

I've spent a lot of time doing 3D modeling and animation. 3D really takes the juice...you may wish to give Blender 3D a try..it's free, open-source, and delivers top-shelf images and animation.

2012 Mac Book Pro 12”, 8GB RAM, Mojave  |  2017 iPad Pro 12.9” 256GB, iOS 12.1.1

-- pasteboard ++1

-- art boards ++1

-- bleed, trim marks +1

Without pasteboard and art boards AD has so far been unusable for me. For instance when opening .ai with more art boards. AD opens the first one and doesn't prompt me about which one I would like to really open.

Drawing is done with pens.

We draw with pens and pencils since we were little children.

So, to draw really fast, we should use a pen ;-)

I agree, it took me absolutely ages to do my Family Guy pics...with a 3 button wheel mouse, the zips and piping detail was so labourious.

Dear Santa can I have a tablet this December? ^_^

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111