TonyB

Affinity Designer feature roadmap

Easter (mid-April) has been mentioned as an approximate date for the 1.6 versions, but I don't know whether that would just be the beta releases or whether Serif are expecting that both AD 1.6 and APh 1.6 will have been tested and completely finished by then.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hey, Serif. Please tell some of the people, that the ”Convert Pixel selection to Vector shape” feature will soon help them in some way

Wow. That would be awesome!

I have completely fallen in love with this program. I have been using it all day and it is an absolute joy to work with. I love how you can just tap the line to add an extra node. I love how you can just grab the line to curve it. So many thoughtful details that put you in a state of flow as you work. I could never go back to illustrator now. What they have done here is magical. I went to thank the developers again for their work. And, I have patience for whatever they want to do. Thank you! I will never vent about anything again! I am just impressed.

Not sure if these are on the roadmap, but as a UI designer, the 2 features that would help me most are:

1) The ability to change the document size of individual art boards or be able to choose a custom size instead of a pre-set.

2) For symbols to be saved so they can be used across documents.

Loving these apps, just so happy that I get to use them on a daily basis for my work.

Oh dear, does anyone read the disclaimer in the original post?

Please feel free to ask questions about the features on the list but don't post new feature requests in this thread, just create a new thread.

So if you really want to be heard, I would suggest following this rule …  ;)

Oh dear, does anyone read the disclaimer in the original post?

Please feel free to ask questions about the features on the list but don't post new feature requests in this thread, just create a new thread.

So if you really want to be heard, I would suggest following this rule …  ;)

Particularly valid also if requested features are currently available...  :P

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

I'm certain of being highly unoriginal here - I would KILL for a useable eyedropper.  Not one cleverer than illy, sketch etc… just a USEABLE tool. Praps if this was classified as a bug fix and not a feature  it could work it's way into the next release?

Similarly graphic object styles that can be updated  - similarly this would just be 'proper behavior', rather than a new feature.

But rock on folks… hard to believe there was a lost decade where vector apps simply didn't progress at all, and the only one worth using (Freehand  IMO) was stuck without so much as a maintenance update.  Thanks for all the good work. It IS appreciated.

one planet, one chance

Hello Affinity Team.

Kudos to your super duper software.

1. EPS & PDF Export.

I found some problems while exporting EPS & PDF files for offset printing. Once i export the files and open in AI or any ripping software than it breaks up all the visuals into pieces. This process at one side gives you goosebumps about the horrible situation could happen while printing. So i request that you incorporate the special feature where we can directly send the files to printer for the printing whether it is meant for offset, gravure or digital printing.

2. Scale.

Scaling is an issue here, it changes the strokes and text parameters. Please do something with scale command.

3. Tabs.

Tabs work very weird in AD, because tabular data works slight difficult over here.

I am into majorly in Packaging design where i send outputs to Gravure and Offset and i feel if the software is ready with its exporting capabilities than it would be super.

Thanks

late back to this  - I meant to say  - oh wow - yes of course… that actually happened.  Apologies - this eydropper implementation is quite wonderful. I kept waiting for it work like ai, but sure… this is (of course) better.

And for anyone curious 

explains very well.

Hmm … I wonder what you mean by “a usable eyedropper” … is the new eyedropper tool, introduced in v1.5, impractical for you?  :unsure:

one planet, one chance

I would like to have a customised Default doc sizes. IE I make ICONS/ Mobile app pages and want to have the size the same.

I would like to have a customised Default doc sizes. IE I make ICONS/ Mobile app pages and want to have the size the same.

Please create a new thread in the Feature Requests section.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hello Affinity Team.

Kudos to your super duper software.

1. EPS & PDF Export.

I found some problems while exporting EPS & PDF files for offset printing. Once i export the files and open in AI or any ripping software than it breaks up all the visuals into pieces. This process at one side gives you goosebumps about the horrible situation could happen while printing. So i request that you incorporate the special feature where we can directly send the files to printer for the printing whether it is meant for offset, gravure or digital printing.

2. Scale.

Scaling is an issue here, it changes the strokes and text parameters. Please do something with scale command.

3. Tabs.

Tabs work very weird in AD, because tabular data works slight difficult over here.

I am into majorly in Packaging design where i send outputs to Gravure and Offset and i feel if the software is ready with its exporting capabilities than it would be super.

Thanks

sagvishal,

Please create a new thread in the Feature Requests section.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Hello Affinity Team, first of all great work on everything! Spreading the word wherever I can :) Secondly, I have one quick question/idea - I am often using Affinity Designer for longer texts, smaller books and prospects and am really missing the feature of creating a continuos text in multiple areas, so that I can manipulate with each text area freely with the text automatically adjusting among all connected text areas. Would it be possible to somehow fit it in the next update? Also, it would be great if the text would automatically adjust when, for instance, a PNG image is placed in the middle of the area and the text automatically spreads around, giving space for the image. Just some ideas that I can see myself using really regularly. Thanks so much!  :)

I am often using Affinity Designer for longer texts, smaller books and prospects and am really missing the feature of creating a continuos text in multiple areas, so that I can manipulate with each text area freely with the text automatically adjusting among all connected text areas. Would it be possible to somehow fit it in the next update? Also, it would be great if the text would automatically adjust when, for instance, a PNG image is placed in the middle of the area and the text automatically spreads around, giving space for the image.

That’s not in the scope of Affinity Designer; you’ll have to wait for Publisher to be released.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, bohuslavbenuch. :)

Both linked text frames and wrapping of text around other objects will come with Affinity Publisher. You can work around the wrapping issue to some extent by applying a stroke to the PNG image to create some space around it, expanding that stroke and subtracting it from a rectangle, and then converting the new shape to a text frame.

Alfred online2long.gif

Make mesh warp/distort tool. For me is one of a fundamental function for digital design. Thank you.

I believe this is on the roadmap, so cheers! The question remains, when will a new update see the light of day? I know Serif is usually tight-lipped but I will take any vague answer (like a month or so from now) at this point in time.   :)

I believe this is on the roadmap, so cheers! The question remains, when will a new update see the light of day? I know Serif is usually tight-lipped but I will take any vague answer (like a month or so from now) at this point in time.   :)

Even though we are not suppose to make feature requests in this particular topic, I will say there is an update coming soon (Easter). It was announced at the end of this article.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Ref: "Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:49 PM”

“...Arrow head line styles"

I know we have had updates after Aug 2014. But I have still not seen an update include a arrow head.

Seems so simple and yet...

When will arrows on line heads be released?

Thanks,

John...