TonyB

Affinity Designer feature roadmap

What about making Frame Text blocks wrap around shapes?

Workaround: Create a needed curve (Substract) and fill it with your text.

Speaking of text, it may not be worth creating another topic for such a short issue, so may I ask if anyone knows how to convert an artistic text into a text frame?

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Speaking of text, it may not be worth creating another topic for such a short issue, so may I ask if anyone knows how to convert an artistic text into a text frame?

Other than a simple command in CD? In AD I believe the current state of affairs is you would need to copy/paste the artistic text into a new text frame. Though depending on the spacing, you may be able to export to PDF, open that PDF in a new window and it may be that AD has combined the text into a single text frame. PP is reasonably good at this unless there is too much inter-line spacing or inter-line spacing that varies too much..

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Thank you for your answers, guys.

I guess that method is fine. Copying the artistic text still copies the size, so it's not that too troubling.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Hi! Frame Text Tool lacks vertical alignment option (alignment of text within frame) - very needed one in web design. When can we expect its implementation? (Sorry for my English).

We won't normally be able to give out any ETAs on any features - simply because we don't want to build up people's expectations to then deflate them when it's a week/month later than expected... Development takes time, and with some areas of the code that time is volatile - seemingly small things may take a long time and vice-versa. This is why we usually don't give out anything more than 'soon' or 'not for a while'. In the case of multiple effects then I know it's not 'soon', but I don't think it's 'not for a while' - if that's of any help?  It will get done - but I just don't know for certain when that will happen :)

Thanks again - and sorry for seeming cryptic!

Matt

I think it's fair. I recall a product out there which had release dates, and then there were several postpones (about 5) because there were still areas that needed more development. And it really wasn't fair to the consumers. I think it's actually wiser to have a definite understanding of how work is progressing. Working on a deadline can result to many flaws. So even though I'm really looking forward to the new features, I'm happy that Affinity takes their development more seriously.

I'm new here and apologise if this question has been asked before. I have loads of old Coreldraw files I still need to work with. Are there any plans to make it easy to import them into affinity?

Maybe it seems like a smaller item, but I'm REALLY excited to see export/slice previews coming!!

Exporting works pretty well with resizing, but you have to hope it is ok quality wise until you see the export.

Thanks for all of the hard work on these apps - they're pretty amazing!

Affinity Designer for WIN does not include perspective transform, mesh, envelope, etc...do you have a rough ETA? Best guess?

I do not think the macOS version has any either. Serif usually does not give ETAs.

I do not think the macOS version has any either. Serif usually does not give ETAs.

Correct on that. The Mac betas completed very recently with the latest version for commercial use being 1.5.4. The features mentioned by Jgarza with some exceptions are for the upcoming release, 1.6.

Could you please allow for the layer FX to be easily dragged and copied to other layers? In Photoshop, I can hold down a key command (either option or command, can't remember at the top of my head) and drag a layer FX to another layer. I do like that I can choose multiple layers upfront to apply the FX to, however it would be great to be able to copy and drag to other layers after a layer FX has been created. Moving an FX to another layer to remove it from the active layer would also be nice for flexibility and ease of use. This same feature would also be great to have in Affinity Photo. Thanks!

1. When a lot of vector objects in the document, and when snapping is enabled then the program begins to work very slowly.

2. It is not possible to quickly convert text field in text line. Well implemented in Axure.

3. Uncomfortable to change the radius of each corner of the rectangle. tool angle to make it uncomfortable. For example when I want to do rounding 2px only two angles

screenshot

4. No reference to the pixel grid, stacked get pixel perfect. Snap to Grid does not work well

screenshot

5. I can not lock the guides

6. No layouts like in sketch

7. Hot Keys work only on the English keyboard layout. (In Russian do not work)

8. Why, if I do ui design, some values ​​in pt and not in px?

screenshot

9. I need repainting tool like in Illustrator

screenshot

Hi sergeivaskov, 

I'll try to help you  :)

1. When a lot of vector objects in the document, and when snapping is enabled then the program begins to work very slowly.

Please check your candidate list, if it is set to all layers or to a large number it is pretty normal for snapping going nuts.

2. It is not possible to quickly convert text field in text line. Well implemented in Axure.
  3. I'd love to see this too in the future.

•  
    • Uncomfortable to change the radius of each corner of the rectangle. tool angle to make it uncomfortable. For example when I want to do rounding 2px only two angles
      screenshot

4. Pick the Corner Tool and you're done. Otherwise uncheck Single Radius from the contextual bar and you have access to all four corners.

•  
    • No reference to the pixel grid, stacked get pixel perfect. Snap to Grid does not work well
      screenshot

Do you have Move by Whole Pixels and Force Pixel Alignment ON?
  5. You can decide to create your pixel grid using divisions, for some projects I've even created sub-pixel grids.

6. I can not lock the guides

7. Yep... Ben (the developer behind all this kind of code) told us he is going to improve this section in 1.6
    And what he leaked was pretty exciting!  :) 

8. No layouts like in sketch

9. Could be easily substituted by Guides or Grids improvements IMHO.
    Grids allow gutters so I don't know where is the best place... It's up to Serif... :)

10. Why, if I do ui design, some values ​​in pt and not in px?
    screenshot

11. Go to Preferences > UI and you can override this.

I need repainting tool like in Illustrator

You have global swatches and recolour/gradient map adjustments.

I know these are not the same thing, but could represent a quick workaround in some circumstances.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Hello!
I think that “select same fill/stroke“ is really a MUST.
Also, the zoom shortcut (space+command+drag) has to work EVERY time !!!
Pls. fix these first.

p.s. I work as a product/graphic designer for cca 25 yrs. and I will abandon Illustrator the moment you would introduce those two fixes  :o)

Hello!

I think that “select same fill/stroke“ is really a MUST.

Also, the zoom shortcut (space+command+drag) has to work EVERY time !!!

Pls. fix these first.

p.s. I work as a product/graphic designer for cca 25 yrs. and I will abandon Illustrator the moment you would introduce those two fixes   :o)

Hello Nresnik,

If you have a mouse with a wheel on it, then you can scroll with it while holding Option to zoom faster. Or you could use the Navigator studio.

For "select same fill/stroke," what do you mean by this?

For "select same fill/stroke," what do you mean by this?

In Illustrator, there are several options for the selection of objects. Select Same will select all the objects that use the same fill color/type and or same outline color/type.

Those Select options aren't enough for me to not use AD...but they would come in extremely useful for the broader base of AD than just the OP's or my usage. It would be a welcome addition.

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

That sounds cool.

I see. Well just to be clear, I think that topic was made to avoid redundant discussions on features people are looking for. It doesn't necessarily mean they will be added, but all are still concidered.

I think that topic was made to avoid redundant discussions on features people are looking for. It doesn't necessarily mean they will be added, but all are still concidered.

“Please feel free to ask questions about the features on the list but don't post new feature requests in this thread, just create a new post.”

“As we complete and release features then we will replace those features with new ones.”

It would be irritating if the features on the roadmap would not be implemented.

Hi,

May in the future "EZ Green Screen" as plug-in use?

I use Affinity Photo for Windows 10