TonyB

Affinity Designer feature roadmap

Illustrator can open PDF as is dres.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Work: Intel i7-6700, NVIDIA Quadro K1200 and Intel HD 530, Windows 10   |   Home: Intel Q6600, NVIDIA GTX950, Windows 10

Any idea on when we could start to see some of the pro printing features coming? I'm very excited about this promising software! Let's kick Adobe from the thrown!

The guys are typing as fast as they can but the priority has to be fixing any issues people are finding first.

We're going to be doing a bug squashing + some low-hanging-fruit-feature-adding release pretty soon (under two weeks), then working on the big stuff going forward..

Thanks,

AndyS

ps. The picture is about right - except in our office, Mr. Burns and Homer *are also monkeys and are also typing* :P

Matt, what do you want? A bunch of "Cats" laying around licking their paws.  :D

Gregg

OS X Version 10.14.4 iMac 27" 3.2 GHz Intel i5 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3  Huion Kamvas Pro 20

No auto trace, means no purchase for me.

Need auto trace that is a must, number one. 

Can't imagine why it would be excluded.

Too strange.

Vector Magick is stand-alone auto-trace that is much better than what's built into Illustrator or Corel Draw. If you have to do a lot of auto-trace, it's worth buying that anyway. Personally, I'd prefer they not spend time working on that, I doubt they'll do it better than Vector Magick, so we're stuck buying that separately anyway. I'd prefer they stick with features that can't be replaced with external add-ons - like supporting spot colors and scripting.

Hi there,

first things first: You have created such an amazing app, thank you very much for it!

Second: Geeee, I wish I could have user defined grids (a library of user defined grids)

Third: I'd like to use percentage sometimes. This would save me from doing pixel calculations. And yes, I know I can do calculations inside the input area and this is really really helpful!

Hi!

Firstly I want to give you the congrats for your app!!! It´s wonderful!

I´m a graphic designer and I  must use Adobe suite but I don´t like Creative Cloud. Affinity designer it is perfect for me but lacks of some features that I need , these features are related in your roadmap (for print, create marks...) I want to know when  this features come, approx, hehehe. 

Other issue... when arrives Affinity photo and publisher, I´ve read in 2015 but more or less... I want test them and know if finally I can substitute my adobe CC... 

Thanks in advance!!!

Other issue... when arrives Affinity photo and publisher, I´ve read in 2015 but more or less... I want test them and know if finally I can substitute my adobe CC... 

Thanks in advance!!!

Photo on the first month/s of the year, Publisher on the third quarter (so i think it goes)

Is there a timeline for next release?

For the next release of Affinity Designer, we're planning a public beta next week, with the actual release in the App Store probably the week after depending on how the beta goes. It will mostly be bug fixes with a few small extras. After that there will probably be an update every two or three months.

Yes, 

Need beta testers?

Yes, the more beta testers the better. You will need to have purchased Affinity from the App Store to run to though.

About the beta test, in the few I've been in the consistent thing that's usually asked for again and again are system specs. While I understand how a signature can individualize and or promote one's website maybe -- if for the duration of beta testing -- the Signature could be used to include info such as type of Mac, version of operating system, attached peripherals, etc.

Unless there's a way to create, via the forum software, an optional field where this info could go.

This kind of info could help out the Affinity staff (honestly, don't you guys take a day off? Is there a TARDIS parked somewhere around Affinity HQ?) find trends and relationships between issues and where they are most likely to appear. Such as some issues may arise only on systems running 8.x, for example. 

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Secondary Samsung SyncMaster B2430 display, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || USB keyboard, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball, Wacom Pro Large tablet

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Yes, 

Yes, the more beta testers the better. You will need to have purchased Affinity from the App Store to run to though.

So AD must be installed from the App Store to run the beta? i'm new at betatesting , it's curious at least for me :)

I like this list. What if you guys put up a poll and let us vote for say the top 10 features. To keep it honest, maybe keep it to only paid customers, via a menu option in the app itself. Maybe give people x number of votes per month, or something like that. Maybe enable a "Develop" menu option in the app?

Bryan

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) // 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 / 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB // OS X 10.11.3 // Affinity Designer 1.4.1

So AD must be installed from the App Store to run the beta? i'm new at betatesting , it's curious at least for me :)

I just got a message from MattP, and here is what he said:

The beta will be open to absolutely anyone, at any time, as long as you have bought the app on the Mac App Store - that's the only condition.

We'll announce details next week of how to get it, but basically we're going to make it so you can just download the beta from our server by clicking a link and then just use the built-in installer to give you a fully functioning version that will sit next to your paid version so you can decide to use one or the other.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) // 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 / 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB // OS X 10.11.3 // Affinity Designer 1.4.1

I just thought how awesome it would be if you guys edited the starting post to show:

• When the update is expected 
  • What's fixed
  • What new features there will be

Why? 

• Because most other companies don't do that kind of stuff.
  • They just throw stuff online
  • And tell you later

To show that you guys are not like the other companies.  :D

And offcourse you can put an * somewhere saying if stuff goes wrong it might be a bit later, or less features.

Could also be a different post.