TonyB

Affinity Designer feature roadmap

It is doubtful that a .docx can represent a complex AD file correctly. Even if parts are rasterized … M$-export for AD users who don’t want to use the correct apostrophe?  :unsure:

can´t

Just wanted to encourage the Affinity team some more. You guys are doing a great job, your apps are the only serious threat to Adobe's monopoly! Keep updating and adding new content, listen to the community, and you really have the potential to make a lot of people switch from Adobe to you. 

maybe it does not sound awesome but number settings in Designer shoul be changed with keyboard arrows i think that will make easier to manage this.

Not sure where I should post this.  The ability to lock the guides is essential as it's so easy to move the guides by mistake.

Great application though.

Brian

I agree with this also it would be useful to align a guide with curve node. At the moment the nodes disappear when a guide is selected.

When can we expect an AD update regarding the bug that randomly affects dragging guides? It is becoming very annoying!

Mac OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

AD version 1.6.0

Currently AD and AP offer two kind of work spaces: Docked and Separated.

The Docked work space neither allows docking the tool palette on the right side, nor it allows having multiple columns of palettes.

The Separated mode does not remember the size of previously saved document on re-opening, does not allow docking the Tools palette on the right side or with the Studio palettes, and does not allow multiple columns of Studio palettes docked side-by-side.

Besides the fact that I am used to setting up my workspaces this way for over a decade now, according to a research it is also a more efficient for right-handed people to keep palettes and tools on the right side.

Designer & Photo   |   MacBook Pro, 15" (mid 2012), Core i7 2.6 GHz, 16GB RAM, macOS 10.12   |   @mrAbsarAhmed

Hi mrAbsarAhmed,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity apps are still relatively new so we still have some basic functionality/tools/customisation options/features to add.

I suggest you post those requests in the Feature Requests section as they have more chance to be picked there (they may become lost in this thread).

Thanks for your support.

Just bought and sure it will be great....

First thing I want to do is design company logo.

I want 4 letters typed in caps looking as though going into the distance slightly (towards a vanishing point) with a '45 degree shadow of the same behind.

Can't see any way to achieve it though.

Similar effect  to the link below though letters, colours, text all different.

https://en.wikipedia...i/JCB_(company)

The yellow JCB logo.

Would be really grateful for any help or advise.

Thanks very much

Stu

Thanks MEB,

I'll submit my requests as you've advised. In fact, that's what I wanted to do in the first place.

Regards

Designer & Photo   |   MacBook Pro, 15" (mid 2012), Core i7 2.6 GHz, 16GB RAM, macOS 10.12   |   @mrAbsarAhmed

Would be really grateful for any help or advise.

Hello,

As MEB mentioned, Affinity is still fairly new in regards to tools and features. And questions/requests may not be recognized in this specific topic for future reviewing. On any account, there is a feature on the roadmap that will introduce a mesh warp/distort tool. I am unsure about how it will control text, but that might be a solution to your goal.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

On any account, there is a feature on the roadmap that will introduce a mesh warp/distort tool. I am unsure about how it will control text, but that might be a solution to your goal.

I imagine that it will affect text just like any other object, the 'worst case' scenario being that the text is converted to curves instead of remaining editable.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hi CrazyStu,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is not easy to achieve with the current tools in Affinity Designer. You can easily do it in Photo with the Live Perspective filter if you don't mind to have the result rasterised.

As @bleduc already mentioned there's a warp distortion tool in the roadmap but there's not ETA for it, sorry.

CrazyStu, it may not be the exact thing you're looking for, but you can skew text. See here.

It's not a request, but something that could come handy is a "type in area" feature that allows a user to type text in between two lines coming to an intersection.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I create or become from customer vector designs for car labeling in Affinity. After i export this with SVG-Files for cutting out vinyl, paper, and more with a plotter. I wish me the following:

Text/Font to path

- Fonts with many polygon points is bad. An option for vectors reduce can be help. The plotter cutter trembling very bad with many polygons. The cutting line is not clean and the cutting time significantly longer. At this time i export the vector data as an png an vectorize this with: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bildvektorisierer/id789656124?mt=12

Path object

- A filter or option to reduce the polygon / vectors / points with a live view.

Sketch to path

- Vectorize an scan of a sketch with the possibility to influence the quality vectors. Black/white for the beginning, color option in the future ;)

Thank's and greetings

Joke: Dkaiser, you're in trouble now. Your post was the 666th one. To save yourself, do not highlight all the text in my post.

THE DEVIL WAITS

Why do we have arrow head line styles here and still arrowheads in “Common Feature Requests INDEX”? A sign that we have to fear that arrowheads could be cancelled?

Hi Oval,

It's the opposite actually. Arrowheads was a common request and it end up being added to the roadmap.

Thanks for the update and the new hope.

As for my understanding, Oval, the features listed on the Common Feature Requests INDEX topic do not always mean they will not be added. They are there to avoid redundant discussions on them. Joke: The topic on Affinity Publisher's release might be next.

As for my understanding, Oval, the features listed on the Common Feature Requests INDEX topic do not always mean they will not be added. They are there to avoid redundant discussions on them.

I can't help wondering whether this one didn't simply get left on the CFRI by accident when it was added to the ADFR. whistling.gif

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

There are many acronyms for those letters, so I'm not sure which you are referring to.