TonyB

Affinity Designer feature roadmap

1,305 posts in this topic

Thank you for sharing your roadmap. I'm curious if you could elaborate on what you mean regarding "Guides and grid improvements". If this isn't the place you'd prefer me asking then I can ask in a separate thread.

Thank you for sharing your roadmap. I'm curious if you could elaborate on what you mean regarding "Guides and grid improvements". If this isn't the place you'd prefer me asking then I can ask in a separate thread.

People are finding the flexibility of our current automatic grid doesn't work for them. The plan will be to cover more use cases with a combination of grid row/column guides and a user definable grid.

...If a feature you would like isn't on the list then feel free to create a new post so everyone can discuss it. We read all the feature suggestions and consider each one very carefully.

The idea is the list will never get longer. As we complete and release features then we will replace those features with new ones.

Grokgod,

The tracing tool wasn't excluded. See the quote above. This is the current list of features to be implemented. They will be replaced with new ones as soon as those are completed.

There were several requests for a tracing tool. One of the developers (MattP) already provided some info about how it will be implemented. Another thread you may want to check: Image Trace - Raster to Vector conversion.

Grokgod,

The tracing tool wasn't excluded. See the quote below. This is the current list of features to be implemented. They will be replaced with new ones as soon as those are completed.

There were several requests for a tracing tool. One of the developers (MattP) already provided some info about how it will be implemented. Another thread you may want to check: Image Trace - Raster to Vector conversion.

Thank you for heads up on potential Tracing Tool.

Graphix Guru, G00SE and JGD like this

I love Designer and love it more to where its heading.

I don't see a Nudge Tool on the list.

Is it a considered feature?

I love Designer and love it more to where its heading.

I don't see a Nudge Tool on the list.

What would a nudge tool do?

What would a nudge tool do?

Hi Tony B,

My apologies. What I meant was not Nudge Tool but "Nudge Distance Tool".

Nudge Distance tool will be extremely useful for distance adjustments for more precision works.

predick, mazarin, bogarguz and 1 other like this

Hi, will the text styles be something like the Appearance Panel in Illustrator where you can add multiple strokes and fills? And since I am here asking about that-- will it have the ability to transform those fills and strokes as in moving, rotating, scaling them all inside the this text style functionality? I find them to be the most useful features in Illustrator where once you create them you can just type your text and the graphic style will be applied to it.

Thanks

Text styles will contain mainly text attributes just like Illustrator does. We will also expand our graphic styles over time so hopefully the functionality you want will be available there.

TFerz, Graphix Guru, JGD and 1 other like this