lowerider

"Open folder in Explorer" (Windows Beta v1.7.0.293)

The command, "File > Open folder in Explorer", no longer opens File Explorer at the location of the Affinity Photo file currently being worked on. This worked in previous 1.7 beta versions.

Clipboard01.png

It still works for me.

How did you open the active image?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404

27 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

It still works for me.

How did you open the active image?

I first thought the problem lay with dragging an A-Photo file from Win Explorer to A-Photo app window to open it. But I still experience the same problem when I open an A-Photo file using the "File > Open" or "File > Open recent" commands.

I've made sure that A-Photo is not on my anti-virus apps "block list".

Interesting. Works for me whether I open the file directly, or drag/drop it to get it opened. File > Open Folder in Explorer works in both cases.

What symptom do you see when it fails? Does it open the wrong folder (which one?), or do nothing at all?

Have you tried restarting Photo, or rebooting Windows?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404

I think I've found the issue!

The A-Photo file (that kept "Open folder in Explorer" from working properly) had a file name that included a comma (","). After removing that character from the file name, "Open folder in Explorer" functioned again, whether I opened the file via drag-and-drop from File Explorer, "Open" command, or "Open recent" command.

I will note though, the "Open folder in Explorer" command worked in previous 1.7beta releases with filenames that included the comma character. At least that's what I remember.

This seems to be working okay on the macOS version. I'll check with the Windows team what they would expect to happen. Ideally, it would be able to handle it.