You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF Export problem with Images

Maybe your .apub- and PDF file would help so that others could have a look.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Which setting did you use for PDF export? In Ressource Manager all images were up-to-date? Have a look at the attached image. On the left your PDF, on the right my PDF.

pdf-quality.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Thanks for your report. Sorry this has not been properly picked up yet, we are lightly staffed at the moment. I'm sure this will be picked up at some point next week.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 4/26/2019 at 6:36 PM, VolkerMB said:

Hmm... I get the same results as Ntracks: a PDF that is heavily pixelated!

But the PDF looks fine if I rasterize the image in question before exporting the document to PDF.

Thanks for the tip with rasterizing - that works kind of fine.
The resolutions is still lower than the origianl.
But it looks way better than the first outcome!

On 4/26/2019 at 6:41 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks for your report. Sorry this has not been properly picked up yet, we are lightly staffed at the moment. I'm sure this will be picked up at some point next week.

No problem, love your fantastic work! Keep it up!

• Staff

Hi Ntracks,
Thank you for the documents. The reason you are getting the issue is because you've got a very large resolution image which is then being massively shrunk. Because it is being shrunk the image has to be resampled, but due to the very contrasting pattern you are getting a moire effect.

There are three things that you can do:

1. You can use a different resampler on the PDF export. I found your file to work well by setting the Resampler as Lanczos 3 Separable. This gave a much nicer and smoother looking result
2. You can resize the images manually yourself and place them in. 
3. You could disable the resampler on the PDF export by unticking 'Downsample Images', however this will make the file quite large, and depending on the PDF viewer could still give the moire effect.

Please note that the image will always be quite a bit lower. The pixel region of an A4 page at 300 dpi is 2480.3px x 3507.9px, the pixel size of the source images are 4000x6000 (almost A3 size at 300dpi), and they are then placed on the page at 362px x 543px. So essentially it is trying to shrink  4000 pixels into 362 pixels!

Hope that helps!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.