You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.7.0.10)

• Staff

Purpose: Features, Improvements, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download: Here

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the beta of Affinity Designer 1.7 for macOS.

Designer 1.7 is a significant change to the currently shipping 1.6 version. Files edited in this version will not be backwards-compatible with the shipping 1.6 version. As such, we would not recommend using this 1.7 version for critical or production work at this stage. It is inevitable that there were will be a number of issues with 1.7 but we hope these will be minor and aim to resolve any issues very quickly, so please use it and explore the new features, but also do keep in mind that you may find snags and we would appreciate your help with finding and reporting these to us.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

It’s also worth noting that we aren’t done yet - we are still working through reported bugs from previous releases and hope to fix as many as possible before the final release of 1.7. To be notified when there is a new beta please press follow on this announcment thread

With all that said, we hope that you will enjoy the new capabilities introduced in this initial release and we look forward to any and all feedback you give to us.

Many thanks,

Matt

Please refer to previous beta 1.7.0.4 post where there's a list of major changes since 1.6. This latest update builds on the 1.7.0.9 changes and also includes the following changes:

• Fix for selecting objects on artboards
  • Fixed localisation issues within Export Persona's export panel
  • Fix for lines disappearing from the canvas when you edit their width/height in the Transform panel with the width/height linked
  • Fix for issues with moving items off and on artboards
  • Refined behaviour of the new Point Transform tool with respect to group nodes
  • PDF import improvements
  • Fix for dragging selection into Assets panel
  • Addressed some of the sporadic odd behaviour of the studios

9 hours ago, MattP said:

Fix for lines disappearing from the canvas when you edit their width/height in the Transform panel with the width/height linked

I had just stumbled over this last week again … thank you so much for having fixed it, Matt … :)

Thanks for the update Matt!  I'm still getting used to the new point transform workflow. Lots of keyshort combos with that one to rewire my brain to. ;-)

Small thing and it's not related to the new beta so much as it may be more of a UX thing. When using the appearance panel I'm finding having to click twice on the stroke or fill attributes a bit redundant. Is there a reason for having to first target the stroke or fill attributes making it active then having to click again to enact the popups? If I click on the stroke weight or blend mode or fill/stroke swatch, chances are I want those to popup. Anyway to just have the attribute targeted and popup in one go? Sure would save on a lot of extra clicking.

• Staff

@GokhanEser

Please can you make a new thread about this and if possible provide a Dropbox (or similar) link to the file

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

i simply like this version.
Download was straight, no fail !
no crash up to now, no major lag.
even i created a flyer with it ... simply nice

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.