You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error in Help: Swatches Panel talks about creating System Palettes

The Windows Help for Publisher (1.7.0.293), when describing the Swatches Panel, talks about creating and using System Palettes. But on Windows the Affinity applications have only Document and Application Palettes, not System Palettes:

The following types of palette exist within Affinity Publisher:

• Document—these palettes are saved within the current document.
  • Application—these palettes are saved within Affinity Publisher. These palettes are available to any Affinity Publisher document.
  • System—these palettes are saved to your operating system. These palettes are available within Affinity Publisher and other applications installed on your system.
  • PANTONE®—these palettes are based on PANTONE® Colours. These palettes are available to any Affinity Publisher document

There are other mentions of System Palettes in that section, too.

And also in the Help for Global Colors:

If you're importing a document palette containing global colours as a System or Application palette, the global colours will be converted to standard colours.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

11 hours ago, Jon P said:

the help is still due to have an internal review so I wouldn't be surprised if there are other issues in it.

I just noticed that the same error is present in the Designer Help for the released version, 1.6.5.123 (aka .135). So this isn't a new problem, nor exclusive to Publisher.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

I just noticed that the same error is present in the Designer Help for the released version, 1.6.5.123 (aka .135). So this isn't a new problem, nor exclusive to Publisher.

Quite so, Walt!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

The Help says as follows:

To show/hide the left or right Studio:

From: the View menu, click Show Left Studio or Show Right Studio.

I gather from a discussion with walt.farrell elsewhere on this Forum site that the above is an error in the Help file, in that it is correct for the Apple version but not for the Windows which I am using. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.