Every time I open a file, not always the same one, I get a "Missing Resources" warning. I close it out and everything's fine. But is there a way to make this not come up anymore? Thanks

If you open the Resources Manager (Document > Resources Manager...) does it show any missing resources? If so, are they really there if you check the file path shown by the Resources Manager?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

2 hours ago, pdh said:

I close it out and everything's fine.

Possibly it is only fine as long Affinity does additionally embed every linked resource. Which hopefully will be solved in a final release (to keep document size small) would then result in a permanent error unless you do repair the 'missing' link.

Apparently it is not possible to directly influence such missing link errors. I still could not figure out a rule for these missing link complaints, which resource is affected and which is not - it seems to have its own biorhythm, changing daily, or weekly, or by any other algorythm. Surprise.

macOS 10.12.6,  Macbook Pro 15" + Eizo 24"

Yes almost all the scans and photos and files in the document are in the Resource Manager as missing. However, they are all actually in the document

2 hours ago, pdh said:

Yes almost all the scans and photos and files in the document are in the Resource Manager as missing. However, they are all actually in the document

It is not a question of whether they are in the document. You get that warning when you have Linked resources that are no longer where Publisher expects them.

Do they still exist at the same location, and with the same names, in your file system?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

No, they've been moved.

Is there a way to make the warning stop showing up?

1. Move/copy them back

2. Move/copy them back, change to embedded in Resource Manager, save document, then you can delete them

3. Re-establish the links to the files' new locations - either when opening the document or via the Resource Manager

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Thanks everyone. I re-established links to all my image files and the warning has stopped and the software is functioning great.