You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Opacity Gradient to PDF Question

Hi there,

last week I created a banner containing opacity gradients (Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9), exported it to PDF 1.7, and sent it to a print service for production. They were trying to process my file with Onyx Postershop 12, but to no avail. Eventually, I had to send my design as an EPS file, where the opacity gradients were rasterised.

I am pretty sure that the issue must have been due the opaque-to-transparent gradients in my file, since the printer was able to process a previous PDF that didn’t contain such gradients perfectly well. Unfortunately, I cannot send you the original banner file, but here is essentially what my gradients looked like in Affinity Designer:

Gradient.png.578a59af8f3ce137693eced1c7b709ab.png

The respective example files are attached below. I cannot explain why the RIP couldn’t process the PDF output from Affinity Designer. Are there any known problems I should be aware of?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance, Alex :)

Gradients.afdesign

Gradients.pdf

• Staff

Hi A_B_C looking at the PDF I can't see anything immediately wrong with it. Acrobat displays it correctly and reports the gradient ok. I think this is something your print service will have to take up with Onyx Postershop as it sounds like an issue with their RIP, or at the very least if they can find out why it is failing we can query with development. But without Onyx Photoshop there isn't anything we can really suggest!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.