You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Batch RAW Processing for Time Lapse

If this has been addressed, I can't find it. I need to batch process my RAW files - about 240 of them. I need to apply the same RAW processing to each file and then export it as a JPG. Is this possible in Affinity Photo? I've seen the RAW processing and Batch Processing tutorials but nothing addresses how to apply the processing across multiple images. You cannot create a Macro in the Develop module. Thanks.

Thus it will be difficult to get really the same settings applied here via batch processing of RAW files.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• Staff

Hi Matt_Spaugh_Photo,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately there's no dedicated function for batch processing RAW files currently, it's certainly something we'd like to implement in the future.

You could create a Preset in the Develop Persona, then open a small 'batch' of RAW files - say 5 or 10 - apply this preset to each, develop and then export. Admittedly this is a rather manual process for 240 images however, apologies I can't offer a more refined solution!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Well I for m part use dedicated RAW converters/processors for such tasks like the bulk processing of RAW shot series, but not tools like PS or APh which are too slow and unflexible for such things. The later are a good use for individual single image manipulations, but not that much for processing 240 possible huge RAW files here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Try OS macro, like https://www.autohotkey.com

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

v_kyr,

Do you have a recommendation on a good batch processor for RAW images?

"You could create a Preset in the Develop Persona..."

Unfortunately presets don't take into consideration color temperature... which means that would have to be manually adjusted for every single photo. Also, in most cases you would need multiple presets for each photo. Even if slow, I'd love to see a batch processing macro ability within Develop.

I've used very basic macro software, but as a non-computer language speaker, I find autohotkey a bit intimidating (though I've heard great things about it).

v_kyr what dedicated RAW processor would you use that's more flexible than PS? I do time-lapses with 500 plus RAW images through Adobe RAW, and it's neither inflexible or slow. I'll spend hours doing colour corrections and enhancements, and then it just smokes through it. I wish I could wash my hands of Adobe, but I'm still toting files to work (where they have a subscription) to do my heavy lifting.

• 5 months later...
On 5/3/2019 at 10:36 AM, Chosen Idea said:

v_kyr what dedicated RAW processor would you use that's more flexible than PS? I do time-lapses with 500 plus RAW images through Adobe RAW, and it's neither inflexible or slow. I'll spend hours doing colour corrections and enhancements, and then it just smokes through it. I wish I could wash my hands of Adobe, but I'm still toting files to work (where they have a subscription) to do my heavy lifting.

A follow up to this. I'm going to be using Capture One for time-lapses.

• 1 month later...