Uffe

[By Design] Redo doesn't work. + Scaling two anchour points - how?

If you, for instance, move an item three times and press cmd-z three times and deselect and press cmd-shit-Z, nothing happens (!)

Another thing: is there no scaling tool? If I mark two anchour points and want them to come closer to each other, how do I do that?

It won't redo your Cmd-Z if you deselect anything in Affinity because that's technically a new command if you get what I'm saying.

For yur second question, there are two tools that may help, the mesh warp tool, and the perspective tool.

Thank You, I will check mesh warp tool resp. perspective tooll. Regarding redo, that must be possible to solve, since other program can manage it, Illustrator and Quark for example. I don't understand the technicality behind it I must admit, although I understand what you mean.

Hi both,

We have introduced history branching in 1.7 which does what you're asking. Currently, in 1.6, when you undo and create a new operation ( deselect in your case ) you basically wipe all the history after that point. In 1.7 this will branch it into 2 paths. A new path (like 1.6) and an old path where you still have the previous history. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/24/2019 at 8:19 PM, Christopher O'Toole said:

there are two tools that may help, the mesh warp tool, and the perspective tool

Pls inform me where to find those tools in 1.6!

On 4/25/2019 at 10:07 AM, GabrielM said:

We have introduced history branching in 1.7 which does what you're asking

Sounds good.. When is 1.7 due? The 1.7 beta doesn't allow for Redo after deselecting although.

Edited by Uffe
wrong tempus

11 minutes ago, Uffe said:

Pls inform me where to find those tools in 1.6!

They're in Affinity Photo, but not in Designer.

11 minutes ago, Uffe said:

Sounds good.. When is 1.7 due? The Beta 1.7 didn't allow for Redo after deselecting although.

Serif is not saying when the 1.7 releases will become official.

As for the Redo, you need to use the History panel. For example, here's the History after I made a selection, performed two transforms, and did one Ctrl+Z to undo the last transform:

image.png.f0139afea414a50ab663826239414efd.png

And here's the History after I clicked in the image, which removed the selection and reset the history stack:

image.png.e0d2077d652530302d3f58fbb364b912.png 

Note the highlighted "history branch" icon. A simple redo won't do anything, as there is no history after the "Clear selection" entry. However, clicking on the branch icon gives this, restoring the history state to what it was before I cleared the selection:

image.png.b2a2402f414653c850b9b47045eedcbe.png

You can click on the history branch icon again, and it will cycle back to the other state, with the selection cleared.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.330 Beta

19 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Note the highlighted "history branch" icon

WOW, the branch function is just amazing!  :).

Posted (edited)

This is perhaps more for the developers:  When I combined an elipse and a rectangle into one object, half of the remaining elipse consisted of zillions of anchor points. It took a while to remove them and fix the curve handles. It doesn' happens allways although.

Edited by Uffe
misspelling

1 hour ago, Uffe said:

This is perhaps more for the developers:  When I combined an elipse and a rectangle into one object, half of the remaining elipse consisted of zillions of anchor points. It took a while to remove them and fix the curve handles. It doesn' happens allways although.

It would be best to post that as a separate topic in the Bugs forum. It will probably get lost attached to this unrelated topic, in its current forum.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.330 Beta