You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Selecting Objects on Artboards

I opened a multi-page PDF in Designer. It created an artboard for every page. I tried to drag across a selection of elements on one of the artboards, starting from an empty area outside the artboard. (I was trying to select all the parts of a vector logo that had been broken up into separate elements on import so I could re-group them.)

This is something I do all the time in the shipping version, but the behavior is different in the current beta. If I start to drag from outside the artboard, I can only select the entire artboard, not individual objects within it. Today was the first I had noticed it. I don't know if it's a feature change or a bug, but I most definitely prefer the previous behavior. I looked for a preference. The closest thing I could find was this:

image.png.c12110ce49f647f994f99aad2c4f86c4.png

...which I also prefer (old Freehand-style selection behavior), but it doesn't help with this issue. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jason

Edited by jasonhuck
Edited for clarity.

• Staff

It's broken in the current 1.7.0.9 Beta - I've built a 1.7.0.10 and I'm just testing it right now to make sure it's all working as expected before uploading it... Expect a new notification about it on the forums either later today or tomorrow morning :)

Sorry about that :(

Matt

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.