Sign in to follow this  
SailorMax

[By Design] Smooth copy/paste cropped element

18 minutes ago, SailorMax said:

Expected: Crisp copy of cropped document

Actual: Smooth copy of cropped document

Just a guess: As you are dealing with a raster image, not a vector image, the crispness of the text will depend strongly on the zoom level. You need to view the result at the same physical size (on screen) as you view the source if you want it to look as crisp. And you can't simply say "zoom to 100%" as the zoom percentages are based on the document size, which you've changed.

You will, I think, need to measure the size on screen of that piece of the source document, then zoom the result until it is the same physical size as the source. Then they should be equally crisp. Zooming each document to view at actual size (Ctrl+8) may give a good comparison.

For me, they appear equivalently sharp at that size.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

Zooming each document to view at actual size (Ctrl+8) may give a good comparison.

I missed this.

Then problem in Context menu of "Zoom" tool. It has not "Actual size" option...

"Actual Size" (and "Pixel Size" and "To Fit") are shown only in the Menu, View > Zoom... and in the Keyboard Shortcuts part of the Preferences dialog.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta