You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This may be just me getting in a muddle or maybe something that needs looking at.

I have recently upgraded from version 283 to version 293. This is my first use of Affinity Publisher after the upgrade.

Anyway, I am learning to use the Pen tool and so I found an image of a famous painting by Leonardo da Vinci - not the one in Paris - and I was trying to copy the outline of the lady's face using the pen tool. I was using a new document, not starting from one from before the upgrade.

Yes, it seems to go well.

So then I tried to add some flesh tone and I tried two ways, neither of which have worked, though I did manage to fill the closed shape with colour from a Pantone palette.

I have only been able to find Pantone palettes. I was using Pantone palettes recently before the upgrade so I am wondering whether I have locked other palettes out or whether there are only Pantone palettes.

Is it like PagePlus where there are various palettes and Pantone are only some of them?

Or do I remember more palettes before I was using Pantone palettes when trying out the .ase files for the Pantone Colour of the Year palettes recently.

I was also trying to use the colour picker on the original picture to get the colour without success but that is another story.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

I may have resolved the first part. I have found the logo in the upper right corner with the drop down menu when it is clicked and I may have missed the thin vertical scroll bar.

How many palettes is Affinity Publisher supposed to have please?

I have now found twelve Pantone palettes and also Greys, Colours and Gradients. Are there supposed to be any more? 

PagePlus has twelve palettes from Candy through to Wild as well as some Pantone palettes.

Are those going to be added to Affinity Publisher or are they already there and I have not found them?

PagePlus seems to have more Pantone palettes than Affinity Publisher, though maybe the system has changed.

Willaim

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

32 minutes ago, William Overington said:

How many palettes is Affinity Publisher supposed to have please?

I have now found twelve Pantone palettes and also Greys, Colours and Gradients. Are there supposed to be any more? 

That's all that any of the Affinity products come with.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hmm, lot's of good things in Affinity Publisher, yet low on palettes and no clip art or fonts.

So all of those old Plus series discs are worth keeping for the fonts.

Some of the older discs had some fonts that were not on all later discs.

William