You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Macros: how to improve the usage of masks

Hi there,

I have to say that I switched from PhotoShop to Affinity Photo and I'm really happy about the change.

I found an issue recoding Macros that I would like to submit. 

I generate a new adjustment layer, I make some tweaking, I add a mask (doughter mask below the adjustment layer). 

I would like to give a name to the mask (I need to add more than one sometimes) and I would like also to invert the mask. This is actually not possible (or I'm not able to do it). The issue is that I cannot select the mask but just the father adjustment layer so I cannot apply any modification to the name and I cannot invert the mask.

I tried also to generate a layer mask, invert it, but when I'm trying to put the layer below the adjustment layer transforming it in a daughter mask, this is not allowed by the program.

Somebody has a reply to my question?

thanks 

Alessandro

• Staff

Hi Giustone70,

Welcome to the forums :)

This is currently by design as the Macro functionality is quite limited however this should hopefully improve in a future update!

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Further in the Assistent panel  you can setup (switch) how masks should be created here, aka if as sublayers or as independent own layers (...there's also such a setting for adjustment layers). Thus when used as independent layers you can probably name them also independently and then use one of the top menu arrange commands for positioning. - AFAI remember and have read somewhere here in the forum, the later (sublayer positioning via menu commands) should have been added for macro creations in the 1.7.x beta version.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2