You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there any way to import a PDF as a JPEG. When importing I always have missing fonts leading to a totally destroyed page. In Photoshop I was able to import any PDF as JPG. I would loose the ability to edit fonts, but at the moment that's just what I need. I heard PAGEPLUS is able to do this? I downloaded and tried Publisher but it does not work. I own Affinty Photo and Designer. THANKS

• Staff

Hi hoppline and Welcome to the Forums,

We don't have an option for converting the PDF to an image on import.  It's been requested many times here on the Forums and may be something that's added in a future build or an option to convert the text to curves, which would also help in this case.

The best workaround i can suggest is to install the font and the PDF would look correct on opening.  If anyone else has another workaround method, i'm sure they will share it shortly.

Assuming you don't have the missing font, there are a lot of free on-line PDF to vector converters which will convert the PDF to eps. This won't have any fonts so it can just be placed like an image file but it will keep the sharpness of the original PDF. Or you could use an online PDF to image converter.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

Open the PDF and take a screenshot, crop as necessary.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, Lane said:

On a Mac, you can save from the Preview app to PostScript in the same place (lower left) of the print dialog where you save to PDF. You can then open that and have all the type converted to curves/outlines. 

Actually from Preview you can just export to JPEG. Preview: File > Export

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

3 hours ago, Lagarto said:

The "Save as PostScript" (.PS) option is in the Print dialog box (File > Print).

I know, I was giving the OP and anyone who would have this same need, and uses Mac, another option using Preview, because they stated they wanted to import as JPEG.

2 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

Ok, sorry, misunderstood this to mean that there is "just" this option (and no option for PS)...

Poorly worded apologises :$