You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[FIXED]Error in Publisher when exporting file with linked documents to pdf

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, TineB said:

When I choose PDF(flatten) the export is ok. But when I choose PDF(for print) I don't get an exportfile.

I can export your .afpub with print preset.

Since I don't have your used fonts, all text results in Lucida Grande. – So might be a font issue. Have you tried with another font?

208t.pdf

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

You're right! I changed the font and the export is ok. The name of the font which gives the problem is Might Makes Right BB (Open Type). Strange, I have never had problems with that font in Affinity Photo and Designer.

• Staff

I'm not entirely sure why, but with your fonts, it does not work. However, it works fine when I activate them from the Adobe CC font manager. Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall them ( perhaps from a different source?)?

No, the fonts are working fine so far, except with Publisher. I have deadlines and I do not want to risc anything so I didn't "touch" the fonts.

I am able to successfully export TineB's layout document with both default pdf print preset and as pdf/x-3.

TineB's test.pdf

TineB's test X-3.pdf

Font activation with Suitcase Fusion 6.
I haven't downloaded TineB's file from Designer, so I exported with missing resource from embedded only. (and font "Armalite Rifle" missing, used for headline "versterkingen")

Also a new custom font-test .afpub exports fine for the font "Might Makes Right BB" in all 3 weights.
In my font-test document I also used two fonts which had failed in an earlier beta. Now in v312 one of them works fine ("aaaiilight!), the other ("Univers 47 condensed light") still gets curved when exported as PDF/X-3.

170312 - font test.pdf

170312 - font test X-3.pdf

20 hours ago, TineB said:

I have deadlines and I do not want to risc anything so I didn't "touch" the fonts. 

TineB, recently someone posted in the forum about solving an export font issue simply by de-activating and re-activating a font in the used font manager. Such trial should not be harmful at all for you.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.