You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have just upgraded my late 2006 IMac to Lion 10.7.5 (Lion) and it  has the 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3Gb 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM. ATI Radeon X1600 128MB graphics card

I thought that I had the requisite hardware for Affinity Photo so bought it for the Mac, downloaded and installed it. When I click on the app all it seems to do is make a brief appearance on the bottom tray/shelf and then bounce off the back into oblivion! I have tried to reinstall it, but to no avail. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction please? There is nothing else installed on the IMac other than that which came with the OS. My intent was to use this machine solely for photo work. I already have a windows version of Affinity Photo on my laptop.

Thanks in anticipation.

Jim

• Staff

Hi vulcanpilot,

Welcome to the forums :)

Could you please confirm, was the software purchased directly from the Affinity Store, or from the Apple App store please? I ask as the application purchased from the Affinity Store requires Mac OS 10.9 or later, whereas the Mac App Store version requires Mac OS 10.7 or later.

Please also note that according to our System Requirements  we recommend an Intel 64-bit Core 2 Duo or better (from 2007) - the app should still run on your system but performance may be affected.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I’m afraid I downloaded it from Affinity’s website. I had a devil of a time doing that as Safari refused to open the site as it said it wasn’t secure. So I downloaded Chrome and that seemed to do it. I think the processor is 64 bit, but I stand to be corrected. Will Serif sort me out with a workable version- I haven’t used the registration code yet. ?

• Staff

Because of sandboxing Affinity Photo from Serif doesn't run on Lion or Mountain Lion. That's not true of the Mac app store version. Email affinityreturns@serif.com from the same email address you bought the software and we can refund you if you would rather use the Mac App Store version

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon